• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Happy Lovebird Day!

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
Whike Valentine's Day isn't really lovebird day... There is love in the air so i had to do it. further more, i am documenting argylls change in colors.. so here you go!
IMG_20150214_130357-2.jpg IMG_20150214_132101-2.jpg IMG_20150214_132213-2.jpg IMG_20150214_132743-2.jpg IMG_20150214_133033-2.jpg

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How adorable!!! I am spending V-day with my love babies as well.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is your little honey doing? Making any progress with being more friendly with mama? :)

Tarnished

Meeting neighbors
Really cute :) The pics are beautiful! Wish Prim liked posing for photos that don't have me in them.

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
@Tarnished who said that he liked it? After all the attention and move here, dont fly there, please sit still, he scoffed me from across the room for at least 30 min...

@fluffypoptarts we are doing better. He is less nippy, less cuddily too.. i get rare preening time with him and as of late been carting his play gym into the bathroom while I shower, he enjoys the water time and thinks me lathering up my hair is the funniest thing in the world. He dances along with it *eye roll*..

He is still getting his new feathers and is less grumpy. Very few days i have to set him down n ignore him for repeated biting. I am working at the office instead of home so I think it's better because we aren't together all day. I usually sit his gym next to me and he plays and comes running up my shirt for quick cuddles. Then back to playing.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@SEWIgurl Sounds like you've got yourself a very independent lovie! Fresh, too! You know that the truth is that we are only here for their entertainment...;) I'm sorry he's still not there yet with much cuddling. I love your photo shoots with him, though! They are the cutest thing! Should be in a magazine or something. :)

Rebekka

Meeting neighbors
@SEWIgurl Fig is just like yours too!! He's currently going through his first moult, and I was so bad at avoiding the pin feathers that he just gave up on scritches and cuddles for a while hahah. But after a few weeks he started coming back to mummy for scritches, and loves it now that it's less painful. Still, Fig is such an active ball of energy lol it's hard to cuddle him for more than 4 minutes or so but absolutely lovely all the same!! Once he's done moulting, I'm sure yours will enjoy more cuddles!^^

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When Twink was that age he was very pesky and squirmy and would tirelessly run all over the place screeching his little head off! :rolleyes:

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
oh yes, he does adventure everywhere! hoping over to other people in the room to give them heck too ;) i use the momments to check my phone and then i go rescue the poor person argyll has decided to pick on.. he usually sits on their shoulder n screetches... poor humans.. lol

@fluffypoptarts thank you for tge kind words. would you believe all my photos come off a smartphone and are only slightly edited in a photo app? Im proud of them, sometimes i wish the dogs photographed just as well as he does.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
oh yes, he does adventure everywhere! hoping over to other people in the room to give them heck too ;)
GOTTA SHARE THE LOVE. LOL, mine are too leery of other people to do that, except Snerky, the little she-devil. "Friends of The Caretaker should let this birdy chomp on their ears. No??? Why not?" (The person who was the unfortunate target of this latest sweet behavior is not a bird person, so all I could think was, "OMG she's going to smack Snerky like a bug and break her tiny bones or rupture an organ omg my baby emergency vet visit Snerky Snerky HOLD ON BABY--!!!" But then she didn't and I was like, "Phew. Hey friend, you okay?" :D)

i use the momments to check my phone and then i go rescue the poor person argyll has decided to pick on.. he usually sits on their shoulder n screetches... poor humans.. lol
You should tell them how benevolent your little sweetie actually is! He could just do FACE-BITE. :)

@fluffypoptarts thank you for tge kind words. would you believe all my photos come off a smartphone and are only slightly edited in a photo app? Im proud of them, sometimes i wish the dogs photographed just as well as he does.
You're quite welcome. I also take mine with my phone, but your pictures are excellent! The staging as well. Seems you have talent in that area. :)

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
A spare unused hobby is all it is. But im glad others enjoy it :)