• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Gotcha Day Tango!

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Yesterday was Tango’s gotcha day, I got her on 2/1/21, but I forgot to post yesterday.

Here’s a picture from when I first got her… look at that baby face!
5E10A78B-16B9-4AE0-9A66-28D46DEA73AB.jpeg

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Happy Gotchaday, Tango!

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
I just wanted to say some things.

I made a lot of mistakes at first in owning Tango, especially the one where I got her from a pet store, but if I hadn’t made that mistake I wouldn’t have her today! My earliest posts are kinda embarrassing, where I was trying to justify getting her from a pet store. The reason for that is mostly due to the fact that I couldn’t drive at the time, and I just couldn’t wait to get a bird, even if it would have been the more responsible thing to do. I have gotten more educated, and am constantly trying to do better.

I posted a few times a long time ago about wanting to get Tango a friend, and I still want to, especially now. She likes hanging out with me and chattering to me, but I think she’s lonely for another budgie. So, the search begins, maybe? I still have to consider the fact that they may not get along and might have to live in separate cages, and I don’t have my own house so I have to consider space as well.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to say thank you to this community for providing such great information and always answering my questions, no matter how stupid :lol:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Happy Gotcha day! :starshower1:
Dont be ashamed of giving a petshop bird a home ;)
I have a petshop budgie and have multiple times consider another, but it just wasn't the right time for those ones.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Happy gotcha day Tango.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Happy gotcha day Tango! :greet6:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations!! :heart2: Happy Gotcha day! Tango is beautiful

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Tango is precious! So glad ya'll are here. May he have many more Happy Gotcha days! :heart: :heart2::heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Happy Gotcha day Tango!!! :starshower:

I made a lot of mistakes at first in owning Tango
I think many of us make mistakes when we first bring our own birds home. I used to line my birds cage with sand :lol: silly waste of money :rolleyes:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Happy Gotcha day Tango :heart:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just wanted to say some things.

I made a lot of mistakes at first in owning Tango, especially the one where I got her from a pet store, but if I hadn’t made that mistake I wouldn’t have her today! My earliest posts are kinda embarrassing, where I was trying to justify getting her from a pet store. The reason for that is mostly due to the fact that I couldn’t drive at the time, and I just couldn’t wait to get a bird, even if it would have been the more responsible thing to do. I have gotten more educated, and am constantly trying to do better.

I posted a few times a long time ago about wanting to get Tango a friend, and I still want to, especially now. She likes hanging out with me and chattering to me, but I think she’s lonely for another budgie. So, the search begins, maybe? I still have to consider the fact that they may not get along and might have to live in separate cages, and I don’t have my own house so I have to consider space as well.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to say thank you to this community for providing such great information and always answering my questions, no matter how stupid :lol:
I am ages older than you, and I bought my first two budgies from a pet store. I’ve learned a lot along the way thanks to my vet and Avian Avenue. No judgement from me, and you shouldn’t feel embarrassed. I know now that I will always adopt in the future.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Happy gotcha day Tango you little sweetie :starshower:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road