• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Happy Gotcha Day, Packer

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
Today is my birthday, so also Packer's first Gotcha Day. I think he was about three months old when he came here. He's been a challenge, as some of you know. He is still skittish, which is sad for me. I did not expect to have a hard time with getting him (or Frost) tame, but such has been the case. However, he does fly like a maniac, ADORES his buddy, Frost, eats his veggies and pellets nicely, and cheers me with his happy budgie noise. I wish he knew how safe I am and how happy I'd be if he decided to trust me. Wouldn't it be a nice present if he landed on my head instead of flying 1/4 inch from my nose or ruffling my hair with his buzzing by? LOL! The picture is the new favorite spot to fly, so they can poop on the curtains, no doubt. In fact, if you look you will see.... 3D613707-F24A-45B6-89B5-7725FE6DEB5C.jpeg

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
How cool! :heart: Happy birthday, and happy gotcha day!!

JewelAngel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
Happy birthday and happy gotcha day!! Are they in the same cage? Sometimes that causes friction when it comes to birds and humans

Dorcas George

Happy birthday and happy gotcha day!! Are they in the same cage? Sometimes that causes friction when it comes to birds and humans
Yep, same cage. I have thought about separating them. Frost is more friendly than Packer, though not tame really. Packer might have a breakdown. if Frost wasn't in the same cage. Ha. He lost his little lady love, Breeze, a few months after they arrived, and I hoped to get him tame before I got a new buddy, but he got really depressed. When Frost arrived he instantly ADORED him. He hadn't gotten one bit less scared of me while he was by himself, sadly.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Happy Birthday and Happy Hatchday. ♥

Have you tried to hang a millet on your shoulder/arm? :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Happy Gotcha Day!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Happy Birthday and Happy Gotcha Day!!!!

JewelAngel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
Yep, same cage. I have thought about separating them. Frost is more friendly than Packer, though not tame really. Packer might have a breakdown. if Frost wasn't in the same cage. Ha. He lost his little lady love, Breeze, a few months after they arrived, and I hoped to get him tame before I got a new buddy, but he got really depressed. When Frost arrived he instantly ADORED him. He hadn't gotten one bit less scared of me while he was by himself, sadly.
Darn I'm sorry. I hope you continue trying and loving both those babies :)

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
What a happy day!