• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy easter! Did anyone celebrate already?

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
We decided to celebrate easter a day early. Sunni's first easter! I gave him a small paper cup with green paper shreds inside for grass, and millet buried under it. I added toy parts and other treats with broccoli. Then we had an easter egg hunt with tiny paper stars filled with millet. Hanging from his cage, between bars, on platforms and in toys. Probably the most enriching holiday he's ever had lol. We then went on a walk to see wild birds and get some sunshine. And it's only 10:30 in the morning. Usually I'm waking up at this time!

Anyone else celebrate early?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Happy Easter!!! I'm celebrating Sunday!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're so lucky you can do that, Mizzely! We still are vaccinating in the 75+ range, so we'll be doing something outside, socially distanced, in waves, as the limit is 5 people outdoors. Makes no sense; they're driving irresponsible people inside. I also tried unsuccessfully to get a ticket to a mass this weekend. Didn't work. Thanks, COVID.

That said, I am celebrating, all week - I took it off as vacation - always do! And I went & ordered some new toys for the budgies from two vendors - one new, one not.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You're so lucky you can do that, Mizzely! We still are vaccinating in the 75+ range, so we'll be doing something outside, socially distanced, in waves, as the limit is 5 people outdoors. Makes no sense; they're driving irresponsible people inside. I also tried unsuccessfully to get a ticket to a mass this weekend. Didn't work. Thanks, COVID.

That said, I am celebrating, all week - I took it off as vacation - always do! And I went & ordered some new toys for the budgies from two vendors - one new, one not.
I'm sorry :( My mom, dad, grandpa, and husband are fully vaccinated and my sister and me are halfway there. The kids aren't in school so our risk is very low and we are currently allowed 15 people indoors. I'm very happy we are able to get together :)

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
We're dyeing eggs right now! Dinner tomorrow with my mom, dad, sister, and grandpa :) I'm hosting for the first time!

View attachment 378086
I love dyeing eggs! I don't remember ever not doing it on easter, but we might not have time this year.

Cool idea with the Q-tips! I'll have to try that.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I love dyeing eggs! I don't remember ever not doing it on easter, but we might not have time this year.

Cool idea with the Q-tips! I'll have to try that.
Yeah we had never tried it before either! Works pretty good :)

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I bet it would work great with acrylic, Mostly the eggs we dye are decoration, nobody I know really cares for boiled egg lol. Now that I think about it, dyeing eggs is such a waste for my family! I can save some not dyed ones for the birdies though!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Made a few hard boiled eggs. I felt in the mood & share a piece with Penny.
I did not color them though no sense for me.

Easter is a bit of reflection this year although I did buy some gummy snakes I like so I have candy.

Last year I spent it in Australia with Mom. This year I am alone.

Happy Easter
:smileflower:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I usually spend easter pigging out on chocolate eggs... but this year no eggs. I don´t know what happened , brexit maybe, but the British shop had no eggs. My mum didn´t send me a box with eggs in either this year :( No family, no chocolate eggs. We´re still limited to 3 or 4 people per gathering but we never have folks round here anyway so no big deal for us. We have Jacob and the birds, we don´t need more than that. I´m sure we´ll have a lovely day at home :)

I might ask my mum to do a big haul of discounted eggs after the weekend and post them to me :D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
We didn’t buy any eggs this year in prep for Easter (we don’t need the extra calories!) but I’m sure we will end up with some later today as my son is just about to go to the supermarket and they’ll now all be heavily discounted.

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Regarding colouring eggs, you can make designs or write on them using clear crayon or wax. :)
Yes! I was wondering if anyone else did this...one of my favorites was pale blue dye sky on top with white crayon clouds, and blue and green overlapping for the sea with crayon waves and sailboat

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy Easter! We colored our eggs today, and we're going have some nice food and a carrot cake tomorrow.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Yeah, I usually use the clear wax or white crayon on the eggs, but it's so hard when you have no idea where the white's going on the white egg! It's like drawing with your eyes closed lol.

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
Happy Easter!