• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hang upside down wings out.

Sops1306

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sophie
So I'm just wondering if anyone elses Male cocktiel hangs upside down with his wings out...
Leo my Male. Dose it once a day..
I can put my hand in th cage change things around ect. But every time it comes to covering them up he hangs upside down while I do it..
He hasnt always done this it started about 2 weeks ago. And I know I've nothing to worry about I'm just curious as to if it's just him or any others.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I had a female briefly. She did this. I didn't know what it meant.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
All my girls do this, the male I had did not. It does seem like the do it when declaring their space. I love seeing their feathers all fanned out!

Texas Tiel fan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Robert Seale
It sure sounds like something a MALE would do declaring HIS territory but I guess in this case, it's a female thing.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mabel (my female) does this a lot. She's just a big show off, whereas Jeff (male) doesn't. Little gobby Jeff essentially sits there and sings, heart wings and bangs his beak on stuff. Does Leo exhibit other such male behaviours? If so, it could be a random female behaviour he picked up.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love seeing their feathers all fanned out!
So do I! Mabel fans hers at any opportunity she gets :laugh: the best is when she madly flaps them upside down, only to take off like a rocket then end up confused at the other side of the cage :hehe:

oddyssea

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
My female cockatiel Kang used to do this too. She particularly liked doing it hanging from the edge of the dining table and showing off her bum to dinner guests - very ladylike I don’t think!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My female cockatiel Kang used to do this too. She particularly liked doing it hanging from the edge of the dining table and showing off her bum to dinner guests - very ladylike I don’t think!
:lol:

Sops1306

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sophie
Yeah hes definitely Male. He talks and the female has only just gone in the cage about six weeks ago. He could of picked it up of her. It's funny to watch.

RatTails

Meeting neighbors
Kupo does this every time I put her blanket on. She hangs upside down and I say "yes baby that's your spot! Night night!".

Thing is, I'm not sure she's female anymore so if she's male then yes mine does! (I'm waiting for the white face to show...face feathers are getting whiter around the beak like a mousache lol)