• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Handrearing

KJB

Moving in
Real Name
Ken Brown
Hi all. I've recently started to breed Linnies and would like to handrear some youngsters. I have reared plenty of Cockatiels, Kakarikis and Celestials but never Linnies. Just wondering if there is any difference for handrearing these, best types of formula etc. Thanks in advance.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I don't think they're all that different from other small parrots, though I've only handfed linnies. I have used kaytee high-fat and tropican with good results. I think whatever you do for your orher birds will work fine.

KJB

Moving in
Real Name
Ken Brown
I don't think they're all that different from other small parrots, though I've only handfed linnies. I have used kaytee high-fat and tropican with good results. I think whatever you do for your orher birds will work fine.
That's great thanks for the reply. You're right, most small birds are preety much the same but i just wondered in case anyone new different. Good to hear that Tropican works well as i bought 2kl of it a couple of months ago, so plenty left. Thanks again.

Reactions: Ali