• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hand wash

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
What do you guys use to wash your hands because I keep rinsing the soap off but it still seems to be on my hands afterwards.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That will likely be the fragrance if you are rinsing it off well. I use a non scented liquid soap.

Mantis64

That will likely be the fragrance if you are rinsing it off well. I use a non scented liquid soap.
Do you know any good companies and what type of soap you use.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I use pretty much any old soap I have around. I do not like scents myself, so most of my stuff is unscented.
I would only worry if I had handled chemicals like car stuff, bug spray, etc..
The scent of the soap and perhaps some moisturizer is what is left on your hands, and it shouldn't bother your bird unless you're using something odd. What soap do you use, I doubt any of them are dangerous though.

P.S. What is your name Mantis64, if you don't mind sharing.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The stuff I use is made here in Aus and I do not think it is actually sold overseas but I am sure you could find some non scented hand wash where you are. A lot of the sensitive skin ones are non scented or low scent- maybe ask at a pharmacy.

Mantis64

I use pretty much any old soap I have around. I do not like scents myself, so most of my stuff is unscented.
I would only worry if I had handled chemicals like car stuff, bug spray, etc..
The scent of the soap and perhaps some moisturizer is what is left on your hands, and it shouldn't bother your bird unless you're using something odd. What soap do you use, I doubt any of them are dangerous though.
It's a tesco one and I use carex I was wondering because after I used it I washed him a carrot but I did wash my hands and then dried them twice before touching the carrot again.

Mantis64

The stuff I use is made here in Aus and I do not think it is actually sold overseas but I am sure you could find some non scented hand wash where you are. A lot of the sensitive skin ones are non scented or low scent- maybe ask at a pharmacy.
Will do thanks.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most scents bother me so I use unscented. However soap is designed to rinse off. That's how it works.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Carex is a good brand. I would use that. (It´s what I did use in the UK)

clarousel

Not sure if you have Dettol there but the foaming handwash is good. I find cream-type hand washes to have a chance of leaving some sort of residue as they're meant to moisterise your hands.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Asda has dettol soaps, though I don´t see the foaming one.

Sainsburys and Tescos don´t seem to have any listed on their websites.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Just a suggestion - when people ask for recommendations on various products, its helpful to let us the country where you live. I've noticed the members here try to be be helpful but its no good if we recommend something that's not available in your country.

clarousel

I'm a fan of Method soaps so I'd go for their handwash. Radox soaps are nice too!

I've stayed away from Simple as I found their face products drying but maybe the handsoaps could be different.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Lol I got a bottle of Method hand soap when I was waiting for my delivery of the other stuff I prefer to use. I got the grapefruit one (it was the only sort they had) and it is not bad... bit of a strong smell but not overpowering or too bad and does not seem to linger for ever.

Most of the Simple products I have tried in the past have been fairly mild in smell but I have not found anything I would bother going out of my way to buy again. I have only tried samples of creams and lotions but not the soap.

Radox used to have some really nice stuff but I have not used it for years because I find their scents usually irritate my sinuses and are much stronger than I like.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Radox used to have some really nice stuff but I have not used it for years because I find their scents usually irritate my sinuses and are much stronger than I like.
I agree! Radox shower soaps.... The mint one is so strong it actually makes your body feel really cold, even with the shower on really hot!!