• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hand wash

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
@Mantis64 I don't know what part of the UK you are in, but have you ever been to Whipsnade Zoo? If not, I think you would like it, the aquarium is made up of just half land half water tanks, and one of them is done like a paddy field (betta in the water, mantises on the shoots coming out of it. It is really cool!

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
I personally love prying mantises. There’s a few in the veggie garden, but no sign of them for the past week or two :( I hope their all right! I got the name SkyLark from a book. I was reading, and just found the word:lol:
The only reason I ain't getting anymore is because they have such a short lifespan and by the time I properly start loving them and get attached they die. :(

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Here are pics of some of the mantis I owned the ghost mantis lived a long mantis life about 7 or 8 months. And the orchid mantis I owned for a month or so then it stopped eating so it died of starvation but I loved the experience of owning these intelligent invertebrates.

Attachments

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Want to guess how I got my user name ? OK too obvious I guess. :grumpy:

I truly still love finches the best.