• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hand-raised Bourke’s parrot breeder in SE Queensland?

BlueKiwis

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jasmine
I’ve been looking into bourke’s parrots lately and might get a couple once everything else is sorted out. Anyone know of any good breeders of hand-raised Bourke’s parrots in SE Queensland or preferably closer to the Darling Downs region?

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
I only know of one Queenland breeder and I dont believe they have Bourkes. @fashionfobie may be able to help better :)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
No luck so far
Try searching for the contact details of your local bird club and ask them for some help locating what you are after- they often know of people you wont find advertised- that is how I found my Macaw.

BlueKiwis

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jasmine
Try searching for the contact details of your local bird club and ask them for some help locating what you are after- they often know of people you wont find advertised- that is how I found my Macaw.
Is there anywhere you can go to view a bunch of birds? There’s a lot of species i’m interested in and i obviously can’t have them all but i think it would be better if i could experience part of what it’s like to own that bird.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Is there anywhere you can go to view a bunch of birds? There’s a lot of species i’m interested in and i obviously can’t have them all but i think it would be better if i could experience part of what it’s like to own that bird.
I highly suggest trying to get more involved with your local bird club. At the Parrot Society in Brisbane for example, there are lectures, chances to meet a wide array of responsible parrot people and opportunities to get to know more about species that interest you.