• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hand Feeding Formula for baby IRN

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Hi all,

Getting my baby IRN tomorrow and wanted to know what the best hand feeding formula would be for IRN. I've handfed before with tropical and had no issues but I know that the fat content is different in each hand feeding formula where some are more suited for some birds types than others. What would be the ideal formula for IRNs? Any help would be welcome.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is best it stick with what the baby is used to eating. What has te breeder been feeding him/her?

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
It is best it stick with what the baby is used to eating. What has te breeder been feeding him/her?
The breeder is using Kaytee Exact but I've heard some mixed reviews about it which is why I haven't used it before - so wanted to see if there is a better alternative?

Tanua

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tanua Riley
Hi all,

Getting my baby IRN tomorrow and wanted to know what the best hand feeding formula would be for IRN. I've handfed before with tropical and had no issues but I know that the fat content is different in each hand feeding formula where some are more suited for some birds types than others. What would be the ideal formula for IRNs? Any help would be welcome.

I have used it, but I like the brand I’m sending you the link to. Much smoother and better than Kaytee. It looks like ZuPreem no longer makes theirs. I really liked theirs also, but here is what I am using now.
Hari Tropican Bird Food, Hagen Parrot Food Hand Feeding Formula, Easy to Mix, 4.4 oz Bag

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: