• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HALP IN Portland/Washington

trinitymmgd1

Moving in
Real Name
Trinity Dewitt
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to find someone in Vancouver WA or Portland, OR (can drive 5-10 hours out if needed) areas to board my birds. I have an 8 month Catalina Macaw and a four year old Sulphur Too. I am relocating with my family of birds and two dogs, I am hoping I won't have to board them here in KY and travel all the way back after closing on a home. I have cages and 25 pounds of Harrison's I will supply all needs. My birds have their paperwork from the vet with a clean bill of health. I have an air purifier and humidifier. I just need a home where they can be and I don't have to worry about smoke, teflon, and the other harmful things someone who does not keep parrots knows about.

Trying to spend as little as possible because of the relocation but we could always hash out the pricing of the boarding. Please let me know

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find someone. Have you checked with any vet offices? They may be able to refer someone or sometimes they do boarding too.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There has been a few threads about issues arising after someone would board their birds... they had problems getting their birds back.

You may want to check into the idea of putting everything in writing.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm 10 hours away but am in no way set up for boarding any large birds!

I hope you are able to find something more "local" that would work out best for you and your flock!

Friesian

Meeting neighbors
I live in wa and would help you out, but I’m in an apartment, so I can only take smaller birds.

I don’t have any personal experience with the place or know their prices, and it’s a couple hours away from Vancouver, but I know of a place that boards parrots.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We used a gal just a few blocks away for Dobby when we went to lil sisters by train for Thanksgiving a few years ago. She had great reviews, a Facebook page, and lots of large happy birds of her own. Dobby had a great time, she was impressed with him, and she texted me regularly with updates and he kept having fun with all his new friends. Loving Care Bird Boarding. She had her own cages, wanted some of his favorite food and toys, and he came home fine and happy to see us. She is in Portland Oregon close to 122nd and Powell by i205.
I think it was 16 a day including cage rental. Her number is 971-269-6761. If you talk to her ask her if she remembers a Maxi Pionus named Dobby.