• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hahns Macaw x Sun Conure Hybrid Wednesday Macawnure

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
Ok, so, looking at the forums, my girl doesn't fit because she's a hybrid. I want to start a thread to document her development as there are literally less than 10 pics of different hybrid minimacaw hahns/sun conures online worldwide.
Wednesday turned one 3 days ago. She is slowly getting more 'sun' as she moults, more yellow and orange on the back of her neck.
She looks rather Hahnsy, with less macaw eye-patch. She has conure eye shape, and a much heftier beak than a sun conure.
She has odd 'epaulettes'... orange feathers that jut from her shoulders.
Her build is exactly between a hahns and sun, less stocky than a hahns but not as slender as a sun.
She started talking days after we got her (flew her interstate). She handles stress and new people easily.
She is a performing bird onstage with me in my circus shows.
This is her first adult moult... she is getting orange and yellow feathers on the back of her neck now. Her neck was originally hahns green. She has a brown stripe along the top of her beak, and a slightly darker green on her head a la the hahns colouring. She has always had an orange g-string lol!
There is so very little about #hybridhahns #hybridsunconure #hybridmacaws #hybridconures online, I thought I would document this for others looking at hybridization.
Her nature is very solid, unflappable and sweet. She pics up words but not super quickly, and is relatively quiet unless stimulated by other yelly birds.

It's 2am here. Will add more pics and info tomorrow lol!

Attachments

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
Lol wtf pics of a rescue spider were uploaded, and pics of her kissy kissy the budgie? How did that happen

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very interesting :)
@Monica

Lol wtf pics of a rescue spider were uploaded, and pics of her kissy kissy the budgie? How did that happen
I have also done that before when using my phone. If you want them removed I can do that for you.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mizzely check out this cutie pie! Ha @Zara You beat me to tagging Monica!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You beat me to tagging Monica!
I´ve not seen her online in a long time, but hopefully she´ll log in soon. I´m sure she´ll find it interesting also :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I´ve not seen her online in a long time, but hopefully she´ll log in soon. I´m sure she´ll find it interesting also :)
You're right I feel like I tagged her in the last few weeks and she hadn't replied which isn't like her.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Aww what a precious bird :)

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
I saw the other posts in here about Hahns/suns, and I'd love @Monica To see this thread as she seems to have an interest in hybrids.
I can confirm the 2 other threads with pics of a hahns/sun are indeed both correctly labeled such. They all seem a little different, and the bright orange head is of course due to sun colour change at 2 years old.
I was pleased to see the orange epaulettes seem to be a feature of the hahns/sun, as opposed to the red shoulder of the hahns. My girl is getting more sunny by the day as she moults and replaces her head feathers with orange/yellow/rainbow ones!

I'll have to make another thread as this one isn't coming up in a hahns/sun cross search online.
Will post some new pics later. Cheers!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'll have to make another thread as this one isn't coming up in a hahns/sun cross search online.
I can alter the title if you like?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So pretty :)

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
I can alter the title if you like?
Thank you! If you could alter it to 'Hahns Macaw x Sun Conure Hybrid Wednesday Macawnure' maybe that will bring it up in net searches!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you! If you could alter it to 'Hahns Macaw x Sun Conure Hybrid Wednesday Macawnure' maybe that will bring it up in net searches!
Zara is not online now so I have altered your title for you to what you asked for it to say.

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
So pretty :)
Thanks, Tyrion. She is a lovely girl. Her tail feathers are regrowing now after moult, and are a brighter teal. She has a few new orange and yellow feathers coming in on her neck, too. I love her colouring as is, but it's kind of exciting to watch her change, too.

She just turned 1yo and her current weight is usually around 132g.

She started talking very quickly, within 2w of her arrival when she was around 3.5mo.
She's stagnated a bit lately in her learning of new words, and knows probably 20-25 words.
When we go on walks, she yells Whachadoin! at other parrots. She seems to think they all speak English lol!

She's harness and target trained, learning to roller skate at the moment.
She's extremely outgoing and friendly, and will go shoulder to shoulder happily when guests visit. She particularly likes rolling upside down for belly rubs and raspberries.

Her breeder has an unrelated pair, so I'm considering getting a male and trying to breed 2nd gen macawnures. Still undecided on this, as I don't want to jeopardise my relationship with her. It's tempting... but I have plenty of time yet to decide.

And that's about all I can think to say right now!
Pics: new teal feather, the orange starting to appear on the back of her neck, some random pics showing general areas of colour.

Attachments

HemlokHex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mischa
@Shezbug I expect the net will take a while to re-index itself. I'll have to be patient.

There's a new vid on YouTube of a young DF red Sun cross Hahn's I saw yesterday. Has a brighter and larger orange g-string (I call them Wednesday's orange undies lol) and a bit more orange here and there, but is otherwise very similar.