• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Haha!

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
I have this really small budgie stuffie/figurine that is 2x smaller than Bella, for some reason, she is TERRIFIED of it, its so small but when I held it and put it in her cage for a sec she was
literally flapping around, and trying to get away from it, hahaha, it's so tiny! I took it out though and she was fine, she even squawked at it.

! IMG_20221108_092415.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Our birds can sometimes be frightened of the most ridiculous thing. A better way to deal with it is to expose them to it slowly over time, having the item in the room in view, then a little bit closer, then a little more closer. If we just force it on them, they can really spook and frighten, and may even keep that fear whereas the smaller doses of the item from afar could lead to them being ok with it.
Just like new toys that can sometimes be overwhelmig at first, especially larger ones or ones that are very different to prev. toys they´ve played with.

The little budgie toy is cute, but if your Bella is afraid of it, don´t force it on her or she will never accept it.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Cute toy :)

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
Our birds can sometimes be frightened of the most ridiculous thing. A better way to deal with it is to expose them to it slowly over time, having the item in the room in view, then a little bit closer, then a little more closer. If we just force it on them, they can really spook and frighten, and may even keep that fear whereas the smaller doses of the item from afar could lead to them being ok with it.
Just like new toys that can sometimes be overwhelmig at first, especially larger ones or ones that are very different to prev. toys they´ve played with.

The little budgie toy is cute, but if your Bella is afraid of it, don´t force it on her or she will never accept it.
Thanks! It wasn't gonna be a toy for her, i was just curious to see what her reaction would be to it. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It wasn't gonna be a toy for her, i was just curious to see what her reaction would be to it. :)
Yes, I understood that.

I´ve had similar reactions to glass bowls, deco items, ornaments too. But if it´s going to be something you want in the room, you will have to condition your bird to it :)
Even though it´s not for her to play with, you don´t want her to spot it mid flight and freak out.