• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Had my first Horseriding Lesson Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Hi Guys

Ive kept this quiet until now, but 2 weeks ago my job ended, so Ive been out of work since 31st May.
I decided to do something positive to keep my mind occupied and came up with learning to ride, its something I have wanted to do for years but there has never been the right time - until now.
I went this morning, it went really well, I was suprised by how safe I felt on the horse, it was 45 minutes long with a really lovely lady who has been around horses all her life.
At the moment I feel quite fit, but I may not feel the same way tomorow if the aches set in

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I'm sorry to hear about your job

sounds like your lesson went well, I love being around horses

we need pics sometime down the road!

:hug8:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Congratulations!
Horse riding is very therapeutic and can help ease lots of troubles :)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
That is a great positive move Tammy, you will be so fit out in the fresh air and all that activity. The aches and pains soon go once you get used to it all.
How is little Indy doing these days? Got over that scare he gave you awhile back ok?

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
Congrats! That's wonderful. I've been a professional rider since I was 18, training, showing and riding horses and teaching others how to ride. Horses have pulled me through very hard times in my life. What discipline are you learning?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry about work. Congratulations on finding something new!

Matt

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
GG: Once Im confident enough that I know Im not going to get laughed at I will then take someone with me who can take pics, but today I went on my own so I could concerntrate on what I was doing,

Achiesmon: Thats the plan, not only do I want the therapy for my mind, but it would alse be good for my body too.

Ann: Thats why I thought this would be a good idea because I can get fit and do something I like without weight bareing on my bad leg, and it seems to not cause a problem at he moment, think it will be my coordination if anything, but again that was all part of the master plan to help improve it, right now I seem to have an ache in my shoulder but thats it, Im pretty impressed it hurst less than after a horrible session at the gym:(.
Indy is doing ok, it took him about six weeks to be completley back to normal but hes ok now, hes being a complete velcro bird because Im off work at the moment, he just sits on me most of the time so quietly I forget hes there, then he wont fly off when I need to do something, I used to almost be able to launch him like a paper plane, we go ready - steady - go! and all I get is a little almost like a hiss out of the little mosnster and hes still stuck to my fingers looking at me :hehe:

Parrothead: Thats some achivement, Im just doing normal basic riding with stirrups at the moment - dont want confusing quite yet.

Matt: Thanks

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Horse Riding is awesome and the best thing to do to take your mind off of things. :)

Eliza

Jogging around the block
So sorry about the job situation Tammy but good on you for trying something new!

Riding is a lot of fun!

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
sorry about the job but it sure sounds like you have chosen something great to keep your morale up.

I am a qualified Instructor in both Britain and Australia and ex international competitor. I always love hearing about someone taking up riding!

Status
Not open for further replies.