• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Guys i need help with my alexandrine

Aevi

Moving in
Real Name
Namju
I rescued a female alexandrine previous month
She seemed quite fine eating well and also talking (btw idk her exact age but judging frm her feet i assumed that shes old )
Now she's sick idk what it is basically I am writting down the symptoms pls guide me guys

We have no vets near our area which really sucks and is depressing me a lot now
So basically around dis week she started pooping kind of diff than usual . (her droppings are watery )

She once vomited sm white liquid with some of her seeds she ate b4 it was only one tum she vomited after dat till date she hvnt done it again
(I am confused if that was regurgitation or vomiting from what ik my mom said she wss moving her head side by side while puking )
She also became weak like whenever I gave her sun flower seeds (she likes it her favourite is apple ) she would take it in her beak and drop it while trynna bite it.

She also isn't drinking much water shes inactive even tho she loves to walk around sit near the window and talk to the crow's outside.
So since she isn't drinking much so I heard dat fruits can help in dis case I gave her fav aples which she ate well but still is weak

She tried to perch near the window where she usually does but sbe fell from there a few tyms .
Even tho she can balance smhow

I basically trynna take a luk at her feets I kinda observed sm redness there kind of swollen (again i dont hv much experience cus I am still a newbie shes my first medium sized parrot )

She always slept outside in top of the cage while perching but since she cant balance well m always making her to get inside nd sleep
She sleeps too often...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Bump (for visibility).

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Your bird definitely sounds quite ill :( Can you give her some baby bird formula on a spoon? That will hopefully help give her some nutrients as well as moisture.

Aevi

Moving in
Real Name
Namju
Your bird definitely sounds quite ill :( Can you give her some baby bird formula on a spoon? That will hopefully help give her some nutrients as well as moisture.
first of all thnx for replying ... And yes I will immediately feed her some !!

Aevi

Moving in
Real Name
Namju
**UPDATE**
since we had no vet around i found some local breeder nearby my place he recommended me sm medicine called cal care. he asked me to mix in her food and water.
i am really worried if I should even give her the dosage still i gave her a very light dose of it mixed it in her seeds tho she ain't drinking her water

1645868556688.png

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's not medicine, it's just calcium and vitamin D3, which can help if the issue is a calcium deficiency. If she's sick with something else it may help her perk up but otherwise won't do much for her.

Mix per the directions then mix into the food. Don't mix full strength into the food