• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guest Work

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
My brother came from out of state for his Birthday and visited Tatzu for the first time. He was great help with exposure training especially since I live alone and don't have other people in the apartment terribly often.

For freeflight, I do not want birds happily going to people on their own/ find them reinforcing as that is very dangerous for the bird. I encourage Tatzu to be neutral/defensive around new people unless it is in a very few set of situations/ contexts.
He's already catching on really well when to posture for stranger danger, and then allow interaction when certain cues are given by that person or me.

Basic handling in the home for the safety and convenience of guests/bird sitters etc or training the bird to go from me to another person as a formal behavior for say a photo are all perfectly fine and great things to teach and enjoy though.
~Tatzu Tuesday

AirBrush_20220827103440.jpg

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hope your brother had an macawesome birthday :laugh:

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
What does a defensive macaw do?!
:scared5:
Haha
Ideally flies/ moves away. Fortunately, that is naturally their first and preferred response.
If posturing and or a bite wards off being stolen though, that is a great alternative to what could happen if they decided to go to the wrong person.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Haha yep, he was thrilled.
He got extra presents for Rio, the Blue and Gold macaw, as well.
Yeah speaking of Rio, I am pretty sure you have been showing some favoritism when it comes to your birds... how long since pics of Rio were posted? Hint Hint lol

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah speaking of Rio, I am pretty sure you have been showing some favoritism when it comes to your birds... how long since pics of Rio were posted? Hint Hint lol
Haha, Rio lives with my brother across the country.
I can do some honorary long distance posts if you'd like some more mango belly zebra face in your cyber surfing life though. :joyful: