• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guess who just bought more snails!!!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
It's me!!!!

I got 2 magenta mystery snails, 2 olive jade mystery snails, a mixed group of 6 mystery snails (they pick out the colors, they have b-grade shells) and a group of 5 assassin snails.

The mystery snails will be going to my 40 gallon, unless some of them are black mystery snail, in which case the black ones will go to my betta's 10 gallon (I already have a family of black snails in my 40 and I don't want to mix them up).

And the assassins will be going to the glofish 10, I have a ton of pink ramshorns in there and I want them gone. The assassin snails will take care of it for me.

I can't wait till they get here! I'll be sure to share pics!

@finchly

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh fun! Can’t wait to see.

:needpics:

Sorry I love posting that one!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oooh I love snails!! Can't wait for pictures!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
They arrived earlier today!!! All of them seem to be adjusting well except the ivory, she seems like she might be dying- no funky smell yet but she's drawing into her shell the way snails do right before they die.

They sent extras of all of them! So I now have 8 assassin snails, 3 magenta mystery snails, 4 olive jade mysteries, 1 ivory mystery, 2 albino mysteries, and 3 black mysteries. I moved the 2 related black mysteries that I had before into my betta's tank.

I also took some update photos of the 40 (where the mystery snails are), the glofish 10 (with the assassin snails) and the baby tank (the one with the mushroom houses). Oh! I found a surprise in my baby tank a few days ago- A baby pygmy cory! No clue how he got in there! So I moved him in with his family :) He's very small! I also have a lot of platy fry right now- I would say at least 20. They're all very tiny still, too tiny to take pictures of.

(pictures from top to bottom- assassin snail, ivory mystery, olive jade mystery, black mystery, magenta mystery, albino mystery, baby pygmy cory, 40 gallon, baby tank, Glofish tank.)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's me!!!!

I got 2 magenta mystery snails, 2 olive jade mystery snails, a mixed group of 6 mystery snails (they pick out the colors, they have b-grade shells) and a group of 5 assassin snails.

The mystery snails will be going to my 40 gallon, unless some of them are black mystery snail, in which case the black ones will go to my betta's 10 gallon (I already have a family of black snails in my 40 and I don't want to mix them up).

And the assassins will be going to the glofish 10, I have a ton of pink ramshorns in there and I want them gone. The assassin snails will take care of it for me.

I can't wait till they get here! I'll be sure to share pics!

@finchly
You made me remember an old poem..

Slow and steady our love does grow,
I sure do love you my escargot....

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
They look great! Love the tanks!