• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guess who I am going to meet Friday?!...

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Make sure you keep him seprate from Clementine if you get him! The dust from Greys, Cockatiels, and Cockatoos can damage the lungs of low dust species like conures, macaws, and amazons.

He's very cute!

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you Riley! I have his own room ready as I was planning on quarantining him. When he gets the all clear would it be okay to hang out near them on a play stand or just completely separate?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you Riley! I have his own room ready as I was planning on quarantining him. When he gets the all clear would it be okay to hang out near them on a play stand or just completely separate?
He should always have his own room, they could probably meet for short periods of time, but have a hepa air purifier running.

I would get a hepa purifier for Axle's room as well to keep down the dust.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Ohhhhh what a beauty! Congrats! :loveshower:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Best of luck!

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
He should always have his own room, they could probably meet for short periods of time, but have a hepa air purifier running.

I would get a hepa purifier for Axle's room as well to keep down the dust.
Thank you I will get one for both rooms:)

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
This boy was rescued by the family he is with now but they have a cockatoo and have not been able to work with him. He has not been out of the cage in I don’t know how long. She said he is nippy, but not aggressive. Do I just transport him in his cage in my husbands truck? How would I get him into a carrier if he won‘t step up? Do I change his name or leave it Axle? They say They are not sure what happened in his last home but feels he was neglected/mistreated. Also his wings were clipped...my husband wanted to get a baby gray but I saw his pic and he needs a home. 3 days and he comes homeeee:horse2:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Traveling in a cage can be dangerous, he can be tossed about, start to panic, so many things could go wrong.
If necessary (as he won't step up) have the old owner towel him and place him in a travel cage.
Wait about his name. Axle is a nice name, and if he answers to it happily, you might want to leave it.
Or at least change it to something close sounding. Such as Maxel, slowly changed to Max.
If he seems to not know it, then go for it.

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Traveling in a cage can be dangerous, he can be tossed about, start to panic, so many things could go wrong.
If necessary (as he won't step up) have the old owner towel him and place him in a travel cage.
Wait about his name. Axle is a nice name, and if he answers to it happily, you might want to leave it.
Or at least change it to something close sounding. Such as Maxel, slowly changed to Max.
If he seems to not know it, then go for it.
Okay thank you so much. :D