• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guess the animal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

:rofl: no it's not the Hidden people. And I would say more than 54% of Icelanders believe in them. The layout of roads has been changed because they were found to go over known habitats of the Hidden people. Where I grew up there was a big unbuild area in the middle of the neighborhood because the Hidden people live there and therefore not deemed safe to construct on.
That is so neat, now I am off to google more info on it :)

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
He's a beauty! :D
LOL..I was going to look back through your posts to see what other critters you had. Good call Judy:highfive: I would never have guessed that. Mine never made that sound. We had them as kids. They are so cute, and he's no exception. That was fun anyway. Now I want to know more about those weird neverland people.o_O
It's a She :p I have two sisters, Daðína and Hákonía. She's even bigger and chubbier now :lol:

Not all guinea pigs chirp and no one knows why they do that. Only Daðína chirps and she can be quite loud! She mostly does it at night.

Now the Hidden people. They look like normal people and live in cliffs and rocks. They don't like to be disturbed and can be vengeful. Constructions have been interrupted with mysterious accidents and unknown malfunctions in the machinery. My good friend used to work for the road administration during the summer. She was in a working group that drove around the country measuring roads and height points. Once the locals warned them that they were entering a known habitat of the Hidden people and that they should be careful not to disturb them. Preferably to ask for permission before commencing work (they had to drill into rocks and such, something that is not popular with the Hidden people). My friend and her group scoffed at that and they started their work. The road was on a mountain side. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. And when the rocks started falling down the mountain they caved and shouted out an apology and asked for safe passage. After that, everything went smoothly, the equipment started working again and they managed to finish their work.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Couldn't the rocks falling down the mountain have been caused by gravity? Just trying to be objective here. What is the full explanation, where do they come from, why are they there, how did they evolve into what they are? Are they from outer space? I cannot find a site that really explains it. I take it this is deep folklore that has been passed on for generations and so everyone believes it? Do you believe in them? Are they supposed to be found only in Iceland? How could they withstand the cold and harsh environment of living underground? No heat, no electricity, no light? How do they get food? So many questions.:D

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
It's a folklore thing. And yes the rocks probably fell due to gravity :D There are many, many folk stories about the Hidden people and their interaction with the people of Iceland. I think it stems from the fact that Icelandic people were, until last century one of the poorest nations in the world. They lived in houses made from turf, mud and stones. We live on an island but we were so poor that we didn't even have ships. The stories of the Hidden people all tell tales of how beautiful they are, they have nice clothes, plenty of food, you walk into a mountain cliff and suddenly you are in a palace. The Hidden people were rich. They lived in some alternate reality.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Got it,thanks. All tradition and culture of other countries is fascinating to me.
Check out the little houses.:)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, cool read on the Hidden people.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Got it,thanks. All tradition and culture of other countries is fascinating to me.
Check out the little houses.:)
The little people live in those houses?

So cool, tell us more :)

So people build the houses for the little people coooool :cool1:

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis

The little people live in those houses?

So cool, tell us more :)

So people build the houses for the little people coooool :cool1:
No it's just for decorations, like little garden gnomes :) The Hidden people (or elves, for us they are the same) are the same size as normal people but live in hills, big rocks and mountain cliffs.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Your hamster is very cute!

Matt

Status