• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guava.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Walmart had packs of guava on sale for $2 so I got some!

They disgusting (for me) :roflmao:

Anyone ever given guava to their birds? Would I give it whole? Sliced? Halved?

Attachments

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh luck you! I love guava! They don't seem to be available at our local grocery right now though.

Pico likes them too. I usually slice a small piece for him when I eat them :D

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Ooh luck you! I love guava! They don't seem to be available at our local grocery right now though.

Pico likes them too. I usually slice a small piece for him when I eat them :D
If you were local I’d bring them to you :hilarious: I won’t say they taste bad, but they kinda smell a lot like… well, cat pee. The taste wasn’t enough to make up for it lmfao

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you were local I’d bring them to you :hilarious: I won’t say they taste bad, but they kinda smell a lot like… well, cat pee. The taste wasn’t enough to make up for it lmfao
Haha I appreciate the thought :lol:

I think the smell is a lot stronger when they're very ripe haha! I don't mind the smell much at least since I've smelt a lot worst *cough* durian *cough*.

I do prefer them a bit unripe though and I also like the bigger green ones (if you see them in your store) too, those ones barely smell too!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Haha I appreciate the thought :lol:

I think the smell is a lot stronger when they're very ripe haha! I don't mind the smell much at least since I've smelt a lot worst *cough* durian *cough*.

I do prefer them a bit unripe though and I also like the bigger green ones (if you see them in your store) too, those ones barely smell too!
I found out the hard way I’m allergic to durian :roflmao: I’m allergic to mangos - Nothing awful or life threatening, my tongue just swells some and gets itchy and I miiiiiight get a few hives, but thats not 100% of the time. Durian are apparently related to mangos! I had no idea until I finally got the chance to try some (tasted pretty good! The smell was… we’ll say unpleasant lol), and a minute after I’m going “Huh. My mouth itches.”

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Do you let them eat the seeds? Can I give a big bird a good chunk of it?

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found out the hard way I’m allergic to durian :roflmao: I’m allergic to mangos - Nothing awful or life threatening, my tongue just swells some and gets itchy and I miiiiiight get a few hives, but thats not 100% of the time. Durian are apparently related to mangos! I had no idea until I finally got the chance to try some (tasted pretty good! The smell was… we’ll say unpleasant lol), and a minute after I’m going “Huh. My mouth itches.”
Yeah just once was enough for me lol. Never again. That aftertaste UGH!

Aww that sucks about being allergic to mangoes! They're so good! I'm glad it's nothing life threatening though!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you let them eat the seeds? Can I give a big bird a good chunk of it?
Yup I cut it with seeds for Pico. He usually picks them out though. I think he finds them bitter haha.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)

Aww that sucks about being allergic to mangoes! They're so good! I'm glad it's nothing life threatening though!
It happened suddenly! I worked at a hookah bar and was having my after shift hookah, and had gotten mango because it was so good the day before. That next day, my tongue suddenly started itching. Changed the hookah, fresh mango, still itchy. Changed flavors - Fine. A few days later my mom had made a mango dessert, and I had itchy mouth and hives. It was so weird! Now I avoid anything mango.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yup I cut it with seeds for Pico. He usually picks them out though. I think he finds them bitter haha.
I’ll give it a shot tomorrow! Or maybe in a few days, only a couple were ripe and those were the ones I cut into tonight. The rest are practically weapons, they’re so hard.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It happened suddenly! I worked at a hookah bar and was having my after shift hookah, and had gotten mango because it was so good the day before. That next day, my tongue suddenly started itching. Changed the hookah, fresh mango, still itchy. Changed flavors - Fine. A few days later my mom had made a mango dessert, and I had itchy mouth and hives. It was so weird! Now I avoid anything mango.
Oh man! Just hearing you talk about it makes me feel itchy too haha

I’ll give it a shot tomorrow! Or maybe in a few days, only a couple were ripe and those were the ones I cut into tonight. The rest are practically weapons, they’re so hard.
Haha I would love to see their reviews! Post an update! ;)

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol

Got adult onset allergies randomly to banana and avocado. Don’t eat much of either anyway. I have no idea what that’s all about but when I eat a banana or avo by mistake, and sometimes I do since this allergy started only in the last 2 years, it’s tickles me in my throat and ears. I feel like a dog scratching my ear. Yay, getting older haha

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got adult onset allergies randomly to banana and avocado. Don’t eat much of either anyway. I have no idea what that’s all about but when I eat a banana or avo by mistake, and sometimes I do since this allergy started only in the last 2 years, it’s tickles me in my throat and ears. I feel like a dog scratching my ear. Yay, getting older haha
Haha I don't really like bananas either but I love avocados! I hear you on the getting older part though, I feel like my skin is much more sensitive now especially during season changes and I get prone to dermatitis every now and then which I never used to before :arghh: