• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Guardian of the fortress.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Perimeter patrol. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I can't help it finding him cute to protect his couch. They are so brave consider how small they are compared to us.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hahahahaha awww he's cute! :xflove:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Feather patrol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Tika is making sure your dirty shoes do not make his couch filthy! Maybe he will let you up there if you take your shoes off?:rofl:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Tika is making sure your dirty shoes do not make his couch filthy! Maybe he will let you up there if you take your shoes off?:rofl:
:coffeescreen:Ha ha, there’s an idea, your feet can match your hands lol!
Tika is so handsome!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
My Freddy has been really getting around lately and developing more courage, starting to now run to places in the house rather than creep slowly watching carefully. And he is starting to let us handle him again. We have figured out he is not a fan of hands, particularly fingers, unless they are feeding him! Right now he climbs on us, nuzzles us, and we give him kisses but no petting. Well what a difference! He is much more loveable and will sit on us for HOURS. Last night Joe ate dinner with Freddy on his shoulder and was that cute! He had a chef salad, Freddy leaning forward to see what he had. Joe gave him a piece of romaine. Then he was leaning towards watch Joe put food in his mouth lol. So cute and curious, watching everything we do. I have a feeling Joe won't eat dinner without his "little buddy" as he calls him lol.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Last night Joe ate dinner with Freddy on his shoulder and was that cute!
Also very scary because if something is going to happen. That's the worst place for it to happen. Just a warning. I'd hate for Joe to lose an eye (because it is a legitimate threat).

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Also very scary because if something is going to happen. That's the worst place for it to happen. Just a warning. I'd hate for Joe to lose an eye (because it is a legitimate threat).
...a very legitimate warning...as much as Milton is bonded to me...I NEVER LET HIM EAT ON MY SHOULDER!! Please talk to Joe about not permitting Freddy to eat on his shoulder...please...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Yes we are always thinking about that too. Joe has become better than I am at reading Freddy's body language and can see by the way he's acting what his mood is. We both wear glasses and Joe always has them on. Nothing is fool proof, but we do everything with him with caution.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...a very legitimate warning...as much as Milton is bonded to me...I NEVER LET HIM EAT ON MY SHOULDER!! Please talk to Joe about not permitting Freddy to eat on his shoulder...please...
Thank you Bob, for the sake of sounding stupid I have to ask why is that dangerous if he's in a good mood? My lovebirds always snack on my shoulder but I get it, they are not lovebirds....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Good moods are fine...eating can produce excitement...or protectiveness of the food. Both of those moods can alter a good mood to protection of food (and possibly a bite)

Happiness can lead to over-excitement over that fact of getting good tasting food...and that's bad news...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thank you Bob, for the sake of sounding stupid I have to ask why is that dangerous if he's in a good mood? My lovebirds always snack on my shoulder but I get it, they are not lovebirds....
You knock a cup over or drop a plate on the floor by accident and Freddy gets startled. Joe’s eye/ear/nose/lip is already ripped off.