• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gryphon

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He sounds so cute! I would love to hear the sounds he makes. Carole where did you get the round perch with the white ropes coming off of it? I love that!
Hi, sorry I missed your post earlier. Do you mean the little knob shape piece of wood with the strings hanging downward? It is a toy..I think I just picked it up at the bird store.

Carole...no thanks needed. I am so glad that he has such a GREAT new Mommy...thanks to you :)
:)

Susanne and Carole...one of these days I'll have to see these mouse birds in person. It is so hard to picture a soft bill that grasps like a parrot. How unique.
They are certainly different!:p

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gryphon gobbled down some bee pollen today!:dancing:Lots of minerals!

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Carole, Thanks...I found a FL supplies (2 sisters) and ordered the pollen and some other goodies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I took out organic celery to make turkey salad, and wondered if Gryphon would like the tops. So I stuck a piece through the bars of the cage near one of the cajeput perches, and he is trying to bathe on it's wetness.:p I also meant to tell you Susanne, Gryphon would not touch ripe Anjou pears, but is eating ripe Bosc pears. Fussy spoiled mouser:heart:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Yes...I beleive that they will take baths on wet leaves. Sometimes he would drag the greens to the water bowl, dunk them, and then shimmy on them. race over to the sand dish, shimmy, and wet sand would be stuck to his feathers.

As to pears, try the Bartlett ones. And if you can find some pricl=kley pears...they like them. Hmmm...off to the store later to stock up.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The first is the one he did not like-Bartlett, that's the right name. The second is Bosc, that's the one he is eating.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
HIM????...being a picky eater! Ususally he is a mini vacumn cleaner eating everything in sight...LOL

I just did a collage of the soaked pellets. With this cooler weather ALL the mousebirds are chowing down on them. I'll have to make another run to the Spanish market to get more juices. The Tamarind juice tastes similar to pear juice. A may try some of the flavored Aloe juices I seen last time I was there. The constiuent aloectin B acts as an immune stimulent which is good with this cooler wheather and dealing with the possible stress from it.

Caution, the poops are big after eating the soaked pellets. I took this shot to save to my reference file. It shows that the cold is bothering them just a little because the urates look alittle cloudy. Since the AM they've looked better.

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ok..now that is twice you have posted big nasty poop pics on my threads, mousebird lady.:eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::hehe:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Ah...you have you own little poop factory...LOL! That is about the only downside I have found with the mousers is the poop..ALOT! Aside from that they are the ideal bird :)

Oh...look at Gryphons facial mask. Is it still smooth looking? How about the eye color? I think the mature males will get the maroone ring to the eye. Has he got his yet?

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
No, Gryphon's poops are small and dainty...{can't believe we talk about poop so regularly..lol}
nothing like yours:omg:
I will check his eyes and face and report back. He's calling for an afternoon fruit salad right now...:p

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gryphon was hopping this morning!!:bounce8::hehe:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I know! Maybe we should start a Gryphon fan club drive for a video camera.:lol:{J/K}
In time...
In case anyone doesn't know, mousebird males hop to attract a mate! Gryphon wuvs him's new momma..:p

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I know! Maybe we should start a Gryphon fan club drive for a video camera.:lol:{J/K}
In time...
In case anyone doesn't know, mousebird males hop to attract a mate! Gryphon wuvs him's new momma..:p
AAAWWWEEEE :swoon:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I have a Sony Handycam (model DCR-DVD610) but clueless on how to use it. Put the user manual away so good it took months to find it again. So I'm reading the manual now. Once I figure out how then I will have my daughter come over to show me how to upload a video.

OK...this cooler weather is what is increasing the male mousers hormones. You'll have to watch now because as you put food in the cage he may jump your hand. Thankfully it is over in seconds....LOL

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Oh...and be prepared...NO birdy kisses for awhile. During his hopping stage he is going to want to regurgitate and feed you...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.