• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gryphon needs a warm buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Cute-cute-cutie pie!!!!! I absolutely LOVE that tiny rattle toy! I saw it several months ago at the booth of one of my favorite Florida toy makers at a bird show & wished I had a bird small enough to enjoy it! Does he like it? :)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
LOL...look at that little face. He's probably thinking: "OK, you woke me up...did you bring breakfast?" ...LOL

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yeah right..you had better brought me a smorgasbord lady! I don't know that he particularly likes one toy or another, but he definitely checks new things out{probably to see if it's edible..lol} and I just don't feel right if there are no toys in my bird's cages...so toys he gets.:D

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he's so sweet Carole - and looks sooo surprised in the 2nd pic!!

glad the warming pad is working out for you

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you GG. :) It is working perfect! When I took him from the cage this morning he was warm instead of feeling so cold like he did for a few days there. Sunday when I took the birds' water dishes out to clean them it felt like I was taking them from the fridge!:eek: I had Troy get up on a chair and open their vent a bit more{closed from A/C in summer} and I have been leaving their door ajar to get more heat in there.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Cute birds. I've so much enjoyed your posts about them, as I've never heard of them before now! So, they hang instead of perching? How cool.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Tammie. They are wonderful, fascinating, smart, and cute as a button. Yes they do hang,especially at night.They also creep along perches and stuff by day. In the wild they are known to creep around foraging for food, hence where they gave them the common name of 'mousebird'. I just love them.:heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Status
Not open for further replies.