• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Grumpy Kelly!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Pretty bird. You can help them out with molting by giving them frequent bath water or spritz, whatever she likes. Do you have a shower perch for her in your bathroom. Big birds can get totally wet that way.

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I don’t do bottle sprays because of bacteria build up but all 9 birds get baths/showers. I don’t overdo the bath thing because Kelly’s not in love just tolerant. He actually was more grumpy because you can see my mother coming in from the side. He hates her guts lol.

I keep a humidifier for higher humidity too. Which seems to keep most irritation down. His feathers were just in a state of crazy last month

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don’t do bottle sprays because of bacteria build up.

He actually was more grumpy because you can see my mother coming in from the side. He hates her guts lol.
First, do I remember a video about the "mother" and this parrot? Something about stairs?

You mentioned bacteria and the bottle. What's up with that? I use a bottle AND the shower with my two. Sounds like I need to change something?

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
First, do I remember a video about the "mother" and this parrot? Something about stairs?

You mentioned bacteria and the bottle. What's up with that? I use a bottle AND the shower with my two. Sounds like I need to change something?
The mechanism inside spray bottles tends to build up nasty stuff. Like the inside of rubber ducks in the bathtub. If you clean it good or replace it every once in awhile it should be fine. I just don't bother with that extra effort.

And you definitely do lol. He's the one that climbs the stairs after them yelling & basically cursing about it the whole time:rolleyes:
The video was him at their door pacing.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
I put one drop of bleach in the bottle with water and spray it all through. Then rinse well while spraying. Takes care of any bacteria and is no more chlorine than tap water.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I clean it out each time, I thought the clorine that's naturally in tap water woukd bother him but he is un-phased.