• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grey's Show Generosity

Eggburt Dobson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Marisa
I just found this recent article of a social experiment done on African Greys. Basically groups of Greys who were already trained to understand that tokens could be used as payment for food were put into separate cages. One Grey was given 0 tokens and in the cage right next to that Grey was one with 10 tokens. The bird with 10 tokens slid some or even all of their tokens to the other bird so that that bird could get a treat.
This article just shows one of the many reasons I love birds and I thought others might enjoy this. I'm posting the link if anyone is interested in the read.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:swoon: I love when science confirms my beliefs.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I read this article a few days ago, I really loved it. Birds are just great :heart: thank you for posting it, it makes me smile! :joyful:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I just found this recent article of a social experiment done on African Greys. Basically groups of Greys who were already trained to understand that tokens could be used as payment for food were put into separate cages. One Grey was given 0 tokens and in the cage right next to that Grey was one with 10 tokens. The bird with 10 tokens slid some or even all of their tokens to the other bird so that that bird could get a treat.
This article just shows one of the many reasons I love birds and I thought others might enjoy this. I'm posting the link if anyone is interested in the read.

Grey's are incredibly smart.