• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greetings from WV!

GCCPip

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kayla
:gcc1::)Hello! I just want to start off this post by saying that I absolutely LOVE :heart::heart: birds and I honestly don't know what I would do without my feathered friends! I'm so thrilled to have joined this website where I can be around other bird lovers like myself! I've been around birds since I was an infant, my parents actually bred finches for a few years.

I lost my beautiful feathered companion (a green parakeet) of 10 years this last February. I was devastated, heartbroken, and miserable over the death of my beloved parakeet. That bird was like a child to me, and I'll never forget holding him as he slipped into a peaceful sleep during his final night on this Earth. Through my grief, I decided to start looking for another bird to fill the emptiness left in my home. I just didn't feel right without a bird in the house!

After several months of searching, I found a wonderful breeder who hand raises all of his babies! I had my heart set on a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, so I decided to put down a deposit to reserve the baby as soon as possible! As soon as it was weaned, I drove down to the breeder's place of business to pick up my new little baby! I had already decided to name it Pip (short for Pipsqueak). It seemed that we had an immediate connection (I picked it up just this last Saturday, by the way) and I write this now with it falling asleep on my lap. (I write 'it' because we are currently waiting for DNA gender results)

I love it's personality, so sweet and always looking for things to get into! I hope I have this little bird in my life for many years to come!

Please feel welcome to tell me about your feathered family, I love hearing about other people's experiences with their birds!:gcc1:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welave:

Love the name Pip :) I too hope you have many naughty yrs with your GCC :xflove:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hi there. I am fairly close to you in Maryland. GCC are very smart birds and easily trained.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Post some photos when you get a chance.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Welcome fellow GCC owner!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Welcome, welcome!

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
:welcome2:

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Welcome to you and Pip! I don't have a conure - I have 5 tiels and a lovebird.

GCCPip

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kayla
@CeciliaZ I've always wanted a tiel, but I can never seem to find one anywhere! Our local pet shops never have them and neither do our breeders. They sure are cute little guys though!