• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green rumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusterBlu

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carrie
Does anyone have a green rump parrotlet? I have been thinking about getting a second parrotlet and I love how they look! Was wondering if anyone knew a good breeder (prefer chicago area or close to illinois). Also what are some of your lets favorite toys? I've been trying new things with Buster (pacific let) and he loves bells! Also anything he can sink his beak into. He loves noise makers and paper crinkles. Also have any good cages that you would recommend for parrotlets, I have had my cage for a few years and the very vertical orientation is getting frustrating. :)
Buster14.jpg
if only it was wider

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I prefer parrotlets in the large flight cages as they are very active and need lots of room. The green rumps are my fave. They are much sweeter than the pacifics and still as active. They are a little more delicate for some reason but that is only an issue if ya are not an attentive owner. Great birds and I have a breeder friend here in texas that has the best parrotlets.

BusterBlu

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carrie
Ya one day I will upgrade Busters cage I got it for my first bird when I was very unfamiliar with bird care and wasn't aware of the proper cage. Going back I would have got another one knowing what I do now. Does your breeder friend ship birds? And does he/she have a website? Buster is a very territorial little guy and I know not to reach into his cage but to let him come to me, if I sit and chat calmly with him he eventually tells me to step up and then allows me to pick him up. He can be an absolute gentlemen when he is calm but if he is wound up Ohhhh boy he plays hard!!:p:p

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I LOVE my cage for Rocco! Here is what I have: http://www.petsolutions.com/storefront/bird/pet-bird/cages-carriers/small-cages-canaries-finches-parakeets/ez-care-dometop-flight-cage-for-small-birds/prodEZCareDometopFlightCageforSmallBirds.html

I
t's a great size and he has ample room to fly around and be hyper. Plus, the two doors is such a nice feature!! Makes decorating and cleaning SO much easier! It's a great price for the size, too! :)

Rocco loves this toy! Wooden Bird Toys: Wicker Rustlers at Drs. Foster and Smith The small ball cluster. He goes through those pretty fast - so I had to stock up!

He also LOVES! anything with bells and that makes loud noises. He loves to slam his toys against his cage bars. He gets so excited! Hehe.

BusterBlu

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carrie
I have looked at that cage a few times (we had one on the floor at petsmart) when I got my first cage it was out of my price range I think. It would for sure be a lot better then what he has now. Is Rocco a pacific or a greenrump? That green is so pretty! I think next I want a green for sure.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
He's a pacific. That picture is from his baby stage, so his green is really neon there! He's a darker green now, but still beautiful! I love the male pacifics, because I love the royal blue near their eyes and on their bums and wings.

BusterBlu

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carrie
lol ya Buster is very blue with a deeeep blue behind his eyes and back! It is so so pretty!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Oh yeah her name is Phyllis. Tell her Javi sent ya. Her website is Little Birdies . It is not a great website but she is not the most computer savy. Her birds eat veggies before they eat seed or pellet and they are always friendly. I love all her birds. Anyways good luck
Oh and I like that cage but me being 6'2 I hate having cages that are that low. Heehee.

koolaidsmiiles

Moving in
Does anyone have a green rump parrotlet? I have been thinking about getting a second parrotlet and I love how they look! Was wondering if anyone knew a good breeder (prefer chicago area or close to illinois). Also what are some of your lets favorite toys? I've been trying new things with Buster (pacific let) and he loves bells! Also anything he can sink his beak into. He loves noise makers and paper crinkles. Also have any good cages that you would recommend for parrotlets, I have had my cage for a few years and the very vertical orientation is getting frustrating. :)
if only it was wider
I have a green rump & he is great. Just rem they take more time to get use to things & are on the shy side but if your willing to be patient & work at it they are great. ive had mine since the end of may. My breeder wasnt so great so i wouldnt exactly recommend them but i'll inbox you another breeder who specifically only works w/GR & i hear they are great.

koolaidsmiiles

Moving in
if only it was wider
I have a green rump & he is great. Just rem they take more time to get use to things & are on the shy side but if your willing to be patient & work at it they are great. ive had mine since the end of may. My breeder wasnt so great so i wouldnt exactly recommend them but i'll inbox you another breeder who specifically only works w/GR & i hear they are great.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I have a little GR boy named Milo, and I have to say that I haven't found him to be shy at all! He takes every situation in stride and loves to meet new people and will solicit scritches from them no matter the situation! Compared to the pacifics, he is super tiny though... Milo comes in at about 3.75"

whistling_hare

Moving in
I would love to know about this breeder, but it tells me I can only send private messages to staff until I get more posts. :(

If you see this, could you let me know? Thanks!

Explorer

Walking the driveway
Real Name
B
Hello, I have two Green Rumps.. Apple came from a breeder too that I can not recommend.. lol I think the same one as Koolaid but Harry on the other hand came from an amazing breeder lol

GR's are super special, loving and a bit smaller than Pacifics. I can only highly recommend Green Rumps.. they make such wonderful friends.

They are a bit shyer but with a bit of patience and keeping it in mind, you have a strong friend for life.
I am new too so I don't know if I can receive pm's or not.. but I am happy to send you Harry's breeder information. He does have a wait list often because he does not breed his birds more than 1-2 x a year. :)

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
You do have some beautiful Parrotlet's Explorer!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.