• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Green parrot found outside on floor. Rolling head

Haimovfids

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Please help. I found this bird on the floor on the way to the gym. I live in Miami, and these birds I think are native.

How can I help it? I took it home to try to save it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Take it to the vet urgently.

In the meantime keep him in a small cage ready to go. Line it with a non pilling fleece blanket to avoid hurting himself.

If it is an invasive species they make ask you to take responsibility for him - that happened to me when I took a wild quaker to the vet.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like it may have a head injury. It needs medical care ASAP. Keep it warm & contained in a small padded cage. Try to locate an avian vet.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Can head injury even be cured?
It’s hard to say what’s wrong, but anti inflammatory meds could help, or it could be something else. Is there a good vet you can take him too? I’m glad you found him and I hope he will be okay!

Haimovfids

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
It’s hard to say what’s wrong, but anti inflammatory meds could help, or it could be something else. Is there a good vet you can take him too? I’m glad you found him and I hope he will be okay!
I tried looking for a vet but they are all closed on Sunday.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, right. How is he now, the same? Can you get him to drink or eat anything? Maybe tomorrow morning first thing you can take him in?

Haimovfids

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
He’s just been sleeping with his eyes closed. He’s definitely alive, but he can’t walk properly.

I gave him water to drink with a syringe. It just passively went down his throat.

I don’t think the guy is gonna make it. His head is really bobbly.

image.jpg

He’s still pooping. He pooped 4 times since I brought him home.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s just been sleeping with his eyes closed. He’s definitely alive, but he can’t walk properly.

I gave him water to drink with a syringe. It just passively went down his throat.

I don’t think the guy is gonna make it. His head is really bobbly.

View attachment 413886

He’s still pooping. He pooped 4 times since I brought him home.
Oh poor baby,thank you for trying to help him. He looks like a Conure possibly a Cherry Headed or White Eyed Conure hybrid is my best guess from the pic. @Monica .do you have any emergency animal clinics around you? They are normally open on Sundays vs your standard vet clinic.
I sincerely hope he's able to be saved but if not at least he will die inside in comfort and not left in the elements to suffer and be eaten.
You've done a wonderful thing helping him,thank you.