• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

Chelsip

Meeting neighbors
We just brought home our first GCC yesterday! His name is Kelpie and he's a 3 month-old DNA sexed male.

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We just brought home our first GCC yesterday! His name is Kelpie and he's a 3 month-old DNA sexed male.
He's absolutely gorgeous. What a stunning little man. Congratulations on welcoming him home. :heart:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Kelpie is adorbs @Chelsip !:heart: Congratulations!

Bridges02

Moving in
Real Name
Monica
That's how I feel everytime I see her little face looking at me. It's almost too much too take :p:heart:

Cosmo305

Strolling the yard
I have gotten SO much helpful info on this forum - figured it was time to really say hello from Cosmo (and the pups - who are never left unattended but are starting to interact with each other). The last one was from when we first got him - have tweaked his diet to try and get his feathers back to that healthy! He is a total cuddler and my son begged me for a bird. I never thought I would get attached but here I am - love that little guy.

Attachments

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Love seeing all the little greenies! (Autocorrect keeps trying to change it to geniuses, lol)

My Argo has a new habit of practicing his words when he's standing in the corner of his cage, especially when he's waiting to be uncovered in the morning. It's hilarious to hear "more kisses...thank you!.....good birdie! Thank you! Peekaboo!" In his grumbly little voice.

Here's one of Argo enjoying the morning sun and view of outdoors birds.
20220509_090653.jpg

And in this one, he is definitely contemplating his next mischief:
20220509_090641.jpg

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Ta-dah my DNA female 8yr
Wants to say hi to the GCCs
She is a big talker, on my shoulder now supervising and chatting. She us full of personality , sass and sweetness.
20220322_145532~2.jpg 20220408_182526.jpg
Sharing pellets with Cloudy
20220227_175448.jpg
Loves talking baths takes on everyday!
20220401_141400.jpg

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgous girl

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
20220714_174526.jpg
My baby Pico <3

He's about 11 weeks old and I brought him home on July 2. He was DNA sexed by the breeder.

20220714_165025.jpg
He loves his baths and takes at least one everyday. Very cleanly lil dude. 20220708_063619.jpg
He is also a carrot thief that will steal any carrots he sees.
20220709_122054.jpg
And he loves his scritches (also learning the hard way but I regret getting a dometop cage so much D: playtop is the true way to go!)

MattP

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matthew
This is my new flock member. He is a little over 3mo. His wings were clipped and he can't fly (I won't have them clipped, I will let them grow back). He is in quarantine and will be kept in a different room to the tiels with an air purifier in the same room. He loves banana and though currently on a seed diet will be transitioned to a pellet + fresh fruit/veg. He seemed very itchy when i adopted him but seems much happier after a misting. I haven't decided between "Richie" and "Reacher" as a name, though I am hoping for something more inspired.
He has been asking to come out of his cage when he sees me since day 1 and immediately steps onto my finger. He enthusiastically shreds his balsa wood toy. I have ordered some boings for the different cages. When i pick him up he likes to jump on my shoulder but is VERY bitey. And though he is a diminutive little guy it seriously hurts. Ears, fingers, cheek, and he gets cranky over something. I'm not sure if he's reacting to my boys in other rooms or needs something and isn't getting it. I gave him some comfort feedings the first few days but he tired of those and refuses. I've given him some sunflower seeds to reinforce not trying to give my ear a third piercing and I don't yell. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks! IMG_20220728_114053.jpg IMG_20220728_111752.jpg IMG_20220728_111738.jpg

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are very bitey when babies and to a degree they do continue being a bit nippy when playing.
The sooner you can start on training to stop the better.
Stop him going on your shoulder much harder to manage a rogue conure when on your shoulder.
Try and keep him on your hands and when he nips/bites put him down on a bird safe are and tell him No biting and ignore him for a bit if he returns to you straight away then return him to the safe area.
It doesnt take them long to realise that if they bite they get put down and ignored.
He is a lovely little fella