• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

Jenv

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jennifer Vermeer
Re: Post pics of your Green Cheek Conures!

I love the photo of her in the coconut! :lol: If I were to ever get another GCC, I would get a Turq (but they cost a lot) or a Pineapple!! :heart:

Here are my two rugrats..

Taji - Yellow Sided GCC (12 w/o)

Leila - Cinnamon GCC (1 y/o)

Attachments

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
Re: Need Names For My Boy Green Cheek!
I haven’t gotten him yet and don’t have permission to use photos, but here’s the description of the bird.

He’s a yellow sided green cheek and quite small since he’s only eight weeks old. Deep green body and black head as well as deep red tail feathers and the signature yellow-red belly.
All suggestions would help! Thanks!

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Gus was a rehome I adopted so I continued calling him Gus (he seemed to know his name at the time, so...). With Max, I adopted him from his breeder as a baby. I wanted to meet him and get to know him first, then his name came to me. Do you like mythological characters or superheroes or spiritual leaders with great names? That’s probably where I would start. Congratulations on your new baby birb! :congrats5:

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
Gus was a rehome I adopted so I continued calling him Gus (he seemed to know his name at the time, so...). With Max, I adopted him from his breeder as a baby. I wanted to meet him and get to know him first, then his name came to me. Do you like mythological characters or superheroes or spiritual leaders with great names? That’s probably where I would start. Congratulations on your new baby birb! :congrats5:
I like cuddly names and ones that are unique, but sadly I’ve searched through all articles on Google for names and just haven’t came up with any cute ones that I like. Do you have any?

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Milo, Gizmo, Cosmo, Pill, Stinker bird, Jasper, Buster...not sure I’m terribly creative. I will say when I first got Max (and was beyond ignorant about conures), I was going to call him Spawn (as in “of Satan”). He was so feisty and playful and wanted to wrestle and bite. Like a little kitten, Max didn’t know his own strength very well, so his nips were outright bites, no malice, just enthusiastically playful. He still likes to beak bite everything. I have to request that he be gentle. He’s getting better at modulating his excitement, but he’s still young:heart::rolleyes: @conureluv

Last edited:

PburghsMom

Meeting neighbors
She reminds me of my Pittsburgh. I just love this bird. It’s amazing how they capture your heart.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra