• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

PburghsMom

Meeting neighbors
Hi GCC lovers. I have a 7 month old pineapple - turquoise. What a piece of work. I learned a few weeks ago my baby is a "she". I only had her a little over 2 months and I cant get enough. I could not function if she was not here. Im trying now to make sure i keep her busy. I work from home so I get to see her bored. I have spent a tiny fortune in toys and amusement. I never lock her in her cage so she comes out whenever she wants she sits on my foot, leg, shoulders, head. she falls asleep in my robe, play with my hair...etc. What else can I do to keep her amused? I purchased her from a pet store and she had tail feather plucking issue. She is molting so im working hard to keep her away from it. I noticed her feathers at times will get dark but that beautiful turquoise is coming back. I will post some photos. How has the personalities of your GCC changed from when they were babies?

PburghsMom

Meeting neighbors

Beatlesfan

Meeting neighbors
Hi All,
I just received a pineapple green cheek I named Marley yesterday and will try to put up a picture this evening or tomorrow. My bird is roughly 6 months old and I have my work cut out for me as he/she does not seem to have been handled much at all. I understand stress and acclimating to a new surrounding but something is off. Just to say hello to my fellow conure owners.

KhanKrazy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashley

Emeraldxo

Sitting on the front steps

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi All,
I just received a pineapple green cheek I named Marley yesterday and will try to put up a picture this evening or tomorrow. My bird is roughly 6 months old and I have my work cut out for me as he/she does not seem to have been handled much at all. I understand stress and acclimating to a new surrounding but something is off. Just to say hello to my fellow conure owners.
I'm not sure what you mean by "off". For some birds it's easier to transition to new surroundings while difficult for others. Quite likely Marley hasn't been given much one on one attention. It all depends on where Marley came from and it's doubtful you will ever know that information. Low stress, and by all means have low expectations of how Marley should behave. There's another member here that bought a cinnamon green cheek well over a year ago from a pet store. She was kept in a dark area in a store and very neglected for attention. It's taken him months to get her more used to him, it's been frustrating for him as well. The last time he wrote she actually stepped up on his hand by her own choice. With fearful birds, allowing them to make the decision in a calm setting brings rewards... it may take months or weeks. It's really all up to the bird and how you choose to form a trusting friendship.

Beatlesfan

Meeting neighbors
Hey @Mockinbirdiva, "Off" being not right...don't think he's had much attention. Marley has been a good eater and starting to become curious about whats around him. He's in a fairly quite area.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hey @Mockinbirdiva, "Off" being not right...don't think he's had much attention. Marley has been a good eater and starting to become curious about whats around him. He's in a fairly quite area.
Little tiny bird.... giant human. It's all very scary for them since they are prey animals. If Marley is at least curious he'll come around. It just takes time and lots of patience on your part. All the good and gentle impressions you make now and the weeks to come will give Marley more confidence in you.

222katie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie Yoder
I would love to see pics of all of our Greenies on here. Especially people with Turq Greenies,as I will be getting one if all works out this coming spring and I just cant get enough of them.

Here's my Nala baby to start,almost 5yr old DNA'd female.
8B2A4636-B064-4C0B-8009-3FC3C607C3C3.jpeg Rescue baby! Just got her a week ago out of a bad situation. She’s a little raggedy right now but now that she’s in a clean cage and on a better diet I bet she’ll perk right up.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
He’s adorable! He and my Gussy could be brothers. I Like the paphiopedilums in the background.