• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I think from your picture he looks like a yellow-sided (the picture @SandraK posted is actually a yellow-sided - don't know why google has him on that page o_O)
Here are some descriptions to help:
  • Cinnamon are lime green and have a lighter, almost pale color to the feathers. The head is tan and the tail feathers are a lighter maroon than in normal green-cheeked parrots.
  • Yellow-sided have a breast of bright colors and, rarely, have a bright yellow feather on each side of the upper wing. This is a rare genetic occurrence of which only one hatchling in approximately 10 clutches can be found to have. This appearance can increase their value.
  • Pineapple is cinnamon and yellow-sided combination. They have a breast of bright colors, a tan head and lime green feathers on the back like a cinnamon green-cheeked parrot. The tail feathers are the same as a yellow-sided, showing a halo effect.
  • Turquoise have a body with some blue-green and green feathers. The breast feathers are grayish and the tail feathers are gray.
Cinnamon and Pineapple have tan heads and Yellow-sided and Wild-type have dark heads. I will post mine below so you can see.

Last edited:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
20160616_201955_8_bestshot_resized.jpg
Here are Cricket and Watson. Cricket is Yellow sided (on the left) and Watson is Pineapple (on the right)

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Last edited:

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
I made it for myself. It was delicious.

I mixed blue and respberries with enough flour and cornstarch to coat them. Then added brown sugar until sweet.

For the topping i mixed oats, flour and sugar and a pinch of salt. And (here is the key) grated frozen butter on top. Lots of it.

I don't measure so all my creation are different and not always good.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I think from your picture he looks like a yellow-sided (the picture @SandraK posted is actually a yellow-sided - don't know why google has him on that page o_O)
Here are some descriptions to help:
  • Cinnamon are lime green and have a lighter, almost pale color to the feathers. The head is tan and the tail feathers are a lighter maroon than in normal green-cheeked parrots.
  • Yellow-sided have a breast of bright colors and, rarely, have a bright yellow feather on each side of the upper wing. This is a rare genetic occurrence of which only one hatchling in approximately 10 clutches can be found to have. This appearance can increase their value.
  • Pineapple is cinnamon and yellow-sided combination. They have a breast of bright colors, a tan head and lime green feathers on the back like a cinnamon green-cheeked parrot. The tail feathers are the same as a yellow-sided, showing a halo effect.
  • Turquoise have a body with some blue-green and green feathers. The breast feathers are grayish and the tail feathers are gray.
Cinnamon and Pineapple have tan heads and Yellow-sided and Wild-type have dark heads. I will post mine below so you can see.
Interesting and sorry for the mix-up. I have a yellow-sided matriarch, Loki, who actually does have a single yellow feather on the shoulder of each wing. I'll have to see if I can get a decent photo of her and some of my other gccs for comparison.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Interesting and sorry for the mix-up. I have a yellow-sided matriarch, Loki, who actually does have a single yellow feather on the shoulder of each wing. I'll have to see if I can get a decent photo of her and some of my other gccs for comparison.
Wow - then Loki is one of the rare 1 in 10! :xflove:

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird looks most like the one on the right. (My right. The one with the dark head) but has a bit more yellow than red.

Btw...3 conures!!!??? I can barely keep our lives sane and we have one. And from what I am hearing, Bird seems low maintance.

I don't know how any mulptiple bird owners do it.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Hi SandraK,
My little Max, whom I now believe is a Black Forest conure has red, soft orange (like mango colored), and yellow tucked into his wing shoulder feathers. He gets the scream freak on when anyone gets too close to his wings, so a picture may require some patience. Gus is my yellow sided gcc, so I'm kinda riding his ticket to post about Max here. I can imagine Loki's wings are beautiful!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Loki looks like she has a line of yellow all the way down her wing. Cricket just has yellow shoulders. :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Bird looks most like the one on the right. (My right. The one with the dark head) but has a bit more yellow than red.

Btw...3 conures!!!??? I can barely keep our lives sane and we have one. And from what I am hearing, Bird seems low maintance.

I don't know how any mulptiple bird owners do it.
My present count is 17 gccs and these photos were taken before they came to that count -

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
NOTE TO ALL - NEVER leave any bird unsupervised around any type of glass or beverage container EVEN if empty. A fid can get stuck upside down and will die if not found in and released in a couple of minutes.

Last edited: