• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Hi everyone. My name must be 'Buddy' because that is what everyone calls me. That, or 'ouch!!'.
I don't know when my birthday is but I assume I was hatched in 2017 because that's what my leg band says.
I like scritches, dried fruits, dancing, and winding up my human.
This is me:
5.jpg

I wasn't ready Daddy! I hate you!!

6.jpg

Yep, that's me. That's the perch I take myself to when I've done something I know Daddy won't like.

41.jpg

Any of you ladies want to join me for some lovin' on my nice plush cushion??

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
What a cutie!:heart::heart::heart:

Skippy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jane
Awww - I absolutely love the 2nd picture! Aren’t they just the craziest little birds!? Mine is going nuts right now since the dishwasher is running, He has this high-pitched squeal that comes out when he is trying to compete with another loud noise, and I do believe he wins!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Buddy does NOT like the vacuum. It's constant alert calls all the time it's running, even though he's sat on my shoulder watching what I'm doing. It's like a battle between fear and curiosity.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Yes, the vacuum is the great mystery evil that causes scream freaks at my house!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
None of my birds really care about the vacuum except for my conure. Now the power drill.... That's another story! (Gotta make the bird toys!)

d_hoover18

Meeting neighbors
Here's Maverick! He's my first bird and he means the world to me. I've read so much about how companion birds changed people's lives and he has done it for me. I'm a little slow on the training sadly. I want to train him but at the same time he just loves to look outside, perch on my finger or run around on my shoulders so it's hard for me to take him away from what I feel he loves. Anyway, I do see a lot of photos of people holding their conures in their hands and the birds fall asleep, I'm trying to get Maverick to do that but he just loves to run around on me and nibble at anything he sees on my clothing. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Welcome to aa:fairy2:. Maverick is adorable! He and Gus could be cousins:xflove:. How long have you had him? I’d say if not long, the sleeping bit might be developing the trust bond, which takes the exact amount of time your bird wants/needs. Gus took to napping in the crook of my arm after about a year with us. Max is still unlikely to doze...he’s a Velcro bird, so he wants to be with me when he’s out of his cage. Time and personality will tell:D.

Training is a game for my two. I use it as an opportunity to spend active time engaging with them. Otherwise they would just be on or near me during my other activities: computer work, reading, laundry, etc.

Of course, this is just my experience with my two.

Last edited:

d_hoover18

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to aa:fairy2:. Maverick is adorable! He and Gus could be cousins:xflove:. How long have you had him? I’d say if not long, the sleeping bit might be developing the trust bond, which takes the exact amount of time your bird wants/needs. Gus took to napping in the crook of my arm after about a year with us. Max is still unlikely to doze...he’s a Velcro bird, so he wants to be with me when he’s out of his cage. Time and personality will tell:D.

Training is a game for my two. I use it as an opportunity to spend active time engaging with them. Otherwise they would just be on or near me during my other activities: computer work, reading, laundry, etc.

Of course, this is just my experience with my two.
Thanks @Vmax ! I've had the little man since May. I'm still waiting on dna results for gender but I still call him my little man. I wouldn't say Maverick is a Velcro bird yet... He does prefer me over my girlfriend but an outsider probably couldn't tell that because he seems to be comfortable with everyone. Two things I absolutely adore that he does... His little dance when he wants attention and when he sits on my shoulder snuggled against the back of my head he will sometimes talk/chirp and tell me about his day

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
Maverick is just adorable! I've had my GCC for nearly nine years and he's the world to me. Conner has the same coloring as Maverick too!

Teagan Hall

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Teagan
Has these guys since mid August and my god I'm so lucky they've got on with me so well! Meet Ignatius and Malachy!

Attachments