• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love that frame! :hehe:

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
20180913_174712.jpg PSX_20181104_080216.jpg Hi everyone from rural NSW, Australia. I have 3 green cheeks, Rio who is 1 this week, Pablo a pineapple, 1 at Christmas and Tango, who will be 1 in Feb, and her bestie Marley a jenday who is Tang's age. I've only ever shared life with Australian natives, but have been completely bowled over by these amazing, funny and cheeky love bugs. The first photo is Tang and Marley, the second the three GCC amigos..oh the last photo is Tango and Marley helping with my reply, bless 20180913_174712.jpg PSX_20181104_080216.jpg PSX_20181104_080552.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I always get help with my glasses too ... :blind::cantsee:

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
View attachment 289366 View attachment 289403 Hi everyone from rural NSW, Australia. I have 3 green cheeks, Rio who is 1 this week, Pablo a pineapple, 1 at Christmas and Tango, who will be 1 in Feb, and her bestie Marley a jenday who is Tang's age. I've only ever shared life with Australian natives, but have been completely bowled over by these amazing, funny and cheeky love bugs. The first photo is Tang and Marley, the second the three GCC amigos..oh the last photo is Tango and Marley helping with my reply, bless View attachment 289366 View attachment 289403 View attachment 289413
Your babies are so adorable! Happy early hatchday to Rio :heart:

And hello from a fellow Nola! :lol:I’ve never met anyone else with this name so it was so cool seeing your username pop up in this thread!

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
Hi NOLA!
Lol, me either, then when I moved to where I live now, there's 8 no less, it was so odd to here my name being spoken only to realise it wasn't me they were talking to, lol. Mum loved the tune so I was blessed with it.
Thank you for saying hi to our flock. Enjoy your day xxx

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
Hi Sandra, my parents bred Australian parrots and dad bought mum a pair of Major Mitchell's, cheekiest birdies ever. If she wore her glasses into their avery they'd pluck them off, curlers would go flying and the only way she could get out was to slowly wave her arms to their perches, they loved it. These pair have been annihilated so have become my birdie specs.
Thanks for saying hey x

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
Hi NOLA!
Lol, me either, then when I moved to where I live now, there's 8 no less, it was so odd to here my name being spoken only to realise it wasn't me they were talking to, lol. Mum loved the tune so I was blessed with it.
Thank you for saying hi to our flock. Enjoy your day xxx
Eight Nolas!!! :wideyed: That would throw me for a loop too LOL. Over here in the states, NOLA is an abbreviation for a city (New Orleans, Louisiana) and very seldomly I’ll see it written online in all caps or on shirts, hats, etc. Sure is an attention grabber with the capital letters. I am totally the same as you, whenever I hear or see Nola it is the oddest thing, though by now I’m sure you’re more used to it!! :hehe:

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
Oh I do apologize for the caps, auto correct and I have a strained relationship and it feels Nola should be caps. I'd never heard New Orleans referred to as Nola until watching cooking programmes, lol,. A journo I worked with told me Nola is also a town near Pompei in Italy, I've googled, its remarkable!
Hello Kingston you handsome man! Aren't they the funniest birds, I'm lucky my Tango and Marley are very social, Rio and Pabs prefer themselves or the bubbas as they see Tang and Marley, which is a joy.

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
Kingston is such a cutie!!

Oh I do apologize for the caps, auto correct and I have a strained relationship and it feels Nola should be caps. I'd never heard New Orleans referred to as Nola until watching cooking programmes, lol,. A journo I worked with told me Nola is also a town near Pompei in Italy, I've googled, its remarkable!
Hello Kingston you handsome man! Aren't they the funniest birds, I'm lucky my Tango and Marley are very social, Rio and Pabs prefer themselves or the bubbas as they see Tang and Marley, which is a joy.
Oh gosh no need to apologize! I mostly meant when reading an unrelated article online and randomly coming across a NOLA in big letters, it really grabs my attention when least expected lol :roflmao:
I have never heard of Nola Italy but just googled and wow, it is beautiful!! Hopefully we both can visit our one day, it’s only fitting with our namesakes :p:lol:

lillie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Here(s Toto)!

cheryls

Strolling the yard
Real Name
cheryl
View attachment 289366 View attachment 289403 Hi everyone from rural NSW, Australia. I have 3 green cheeks, Rio who is 1 this week, Pablo a pineapple, 1 at Christmas and Tango, who will be 1 in Feb, and her bestie Marley a jenday who is Tang's age. I've only ever shared life with Australian natives, but have been completely bowled over by these amazing, funny and cheeky love bugs. The first photo is Tang and Marley, the second the three GCC amigos..oh the last photo is Tango and Marley helping with my reply, bless View attachment 289366 View attachment 289403 View attachment 289413
@Nola how do you keep the birds from pecking on your glasses?

My bird wants to perch on mine. And keeps messing with the screw area

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
Cheryls, i just gently tell my bird "no, that's mama's" ( which means it is only for me) or "no bird" (which is what i say when i drink coffee, or when we are near things i dont want him on) mine knows what a bird is. If I point to something and say no bird he will back away from it. My bird also knows what no means. So if I respectfully tell him no Marley, he will stop what he is doing

cheryls

Strolling the yard
Real Name
cheryl
Cheryls, i just gently tell my bird "no, that's mama's" ( which means it is only for me) or "no bird" (which is what i say when i drink coffee, or when we are near things i dont want him on) mine knows what a bird is. If I point to something and say no bird he will back away from it. My bird also knows what no means. So if I respectfully tell him no Marley, he will stop what he is doing
that's awesome.. I"ve been saying no but he's also new to me, by 5 days.

I just don't want chomped on temples. :)