• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Roll Call

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Don't everyone hate me, but I can't help being reminded of The Gremlins. The picture with the little guy up-side-down in the glass...and the scene where the gremlins take over the movie theatre...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
They are gremlins and you don't even have to get them wet! I've heard Dr. Scott call them piranhas and I call them velociraptors because when they go after something they do it as a gang.

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Here's Pipsqueak the GCC!

He's a charmer, danced his way into my heart!
tumblr_messaging_oxui7eh1CQ1tspdg7_250.jpg tumblr_messaging_oxui79KqB21tspdg7_250.jpg tumblr_messaging_oxui7nnDx61tspdg7_250.jpg

He's 4 months old as of today!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
He's a real cutie!

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
I am constantly complaining about Bird. He is a pain.

But two days ago I fell down a steep stairway. I didn't break. But i seriously bruised and swelled. And I am hurting. Bird is beside his little self. It makes me want to cry. He is so worried.

I was calling my husband from the bedroom. He was either ignoring me or couldn't hear my calls for help. But Bird went crazy; biting and squwaking until Michael came to my aid.

Bird even made a point of checking on me throughout the days. He wouldn't stop until he'd seen for himself that I was okay.

I feel very loved. And humbled.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Gccs may be small but I've found they are very loving, attentive and great alarm givers. I know if someone is entering the house through the front door with bells on it (we don't hear well) or if there's a meter reader or hawk in the garden before I see them. If there is something going on in the birdroom I know because of the "Jimmy fell down the well" calls which the tiels also give (but they come and fetch me).

Bird may be a pip on his good days but you knows how much he loves you even if you've sometimes threatened him with being the equivalent of a rock hen in the oven. I hope you feel better, just take extra care and hold on to things when you move around.