• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green cheek conure

raptor6

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Leah
Help! My GCC Skittles is 12 years old and she usually is very sweet and cuddly but the last 3 weeks have been bird torture. She has become super aggressive toward anyone or anything and she just wants to bite constantly. She also keeps walking backwards and then rushes forward. Any advice would help.
P.s. she is female and I have 6 male parakeets in the same room but not in the same cage

Attachments

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Not sure what the problem is. I can tell you my boy (10 years) turned supper agressive overnight about a year ago. Took him to the vet just to be sure and nothing was wrong. He wanted to be with me constantly but bit the crap out of me every chance he got. My arms looked like they had been put in the sink disposal! I resigned myself to do what I could, I had to always have a towl with me since he always prefers biting those. To leave the room I'd have to wrap him the towel to allow me time to leave. When he bit I would put him down and keep him off me the best I could, he spent more time alone or in his cage and I was really bummed.

It took a few weeks and it got better, though it took months to go away completely. I never knew any possible cause I just knew I wasn't going to give up on him. So....buy band aids, breathe deeply and buy towls :sadhug2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
First step with behavioral changes is a vet visit.

That being said it could be hormones! Some years are worse than others it seems.