• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Conure or a Quaker parrot?

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
2x Q-- 1- older buildings have plaster walls... not so good for cell phones!
2-- is that a fox on your pic?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
If you can find any youtube videos with green cheeks and quakers calling and up the volume... go outside of your apartment and see if you can hear it. If you can, your neighbors can. When I'm outside of my house in the yard I can hear my crimson bellies over the one green cheek. If you know any neighbor that shares walls with you then I might consider asking if they can hear the videos.. but then... there's covid so you may not want to do that. Write a note, explain and ask if they can confirm any bird sounds. I'm team green cheek all the way.

ZY28

Strolling the yard
Finding out what species of bird your neighbour has could help you to gauge the sound proofing of your place. I would ask. :) You might even get a bird person friend!

If you know the construction material, this is measured & can be referenced with a little research. For example, I live in an older building. The walls are plaster & wood lathe. This is apparently better for dampening sound than drywall would be.
Ya I would ask but wouldn't that be weird? Lol! I'll try to fit that in somehow one day !

ZY28

Strolling the yard
2x Q-- 1- older buildings have plaster walls... not so good for cell phones!
2-- is that a fox on your pic?
Yes it is ! His not mine though ! I just really love foxes!!!