• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Conure Baby Update

mothhteeth

Sitting on the front steps
This is an update on Rocky! That's the name we decided for him.
It also turns out he is the product of incest between two sibling birds.

We have set up a functioning brooder for him, complete with a cow plush (we added that in after this photo was taken.)
For the time being we are borrowing a spare heat lamp from our tortoises because we were not super sure as to what heat matt we should get for him. Do y'all have suggestions?
3113D143-2B31-42CB-9AAF-159B30B27CFB.jpeg

Yesterday when we got him he was very silent for the entire day. Today he has indeed been squawking and chirping which I think is a good sign!
We weigh him before and after feedings. His average weight before the feedings is roughly around 40 grams today which is a bit worrying because that's very little.
He's gonna be on a schedule of four feedings per day. The formula we got was Kaytee's exact. We try to get him to eat 4 grams per feeding for the time being.
We have a vet appointment scheduled for him in the next few days.

If there is anything anyone is concerned about or any more advice that I should really know please do tell me. Caring for a chick is a first for me.

this is an update for this thread: Stunted 3 month old Green Cheek Conure

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

mothhteeth

Sitting on the front steps
Rocky if given a cup of the formula does eat it on his own but we continue to hand-feed him in order to get him to eat the full 4 grams.