• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Biting Mate

FinchiesXo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jocelyn
I have two Green Cheek Conure, Lewis and Lance. Lewis was my first conure and is about to turn two, which I heard can cause them to behave horribly.

After a week of aggressively biting me, even flying to me just to attack, he is finally nice to me again. He broke the skin on my fingers more times then i can remember, and made me bleed half those times.

My only problem is he keeps attacking Lance. He doesn’t do anything too too bad, but he does aggressively bite him and chase him sometimes. It’s mostly when food is involved, one is on one side of the bars while the other is on the other side of the bars, or if I’m by their cage while they are in it.

Lewis used to go under his cage and would get very aggressive while he was under there, but we blocked it off so he can’t get under there. He keeps trying to go behind his cage and crawl under there but I always get him to come out before he does.

This morning while I was getting him to come out he bit Lance’s foot so hard that he broke the skin. He is currently in a separate time out cage where he spent most of the week that he was aggressively attacking me. I really don’t know what to do, Lance never acts aggressively toward anyone.

What can I do to encourage better behavior?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I would keep them in separate cages and closely monitor out of cage time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh the joy of hormones. I would see my siggy link for training. He needs to be redirected. Also, has he had a checkup? Now is a good time to do so.