• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Beak

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
Hello friends! I haven't posted in a while because we've been busy keeping up with our newest edition, Westley, the turquoise green cheek! He just turned 6 months old and while we did a LOT of research (most of it being in this amazing forum), we're still learning as we go. I'm pretty confident that my baby is just having a normal episode of some beak layers scaling off, but I wanted your opinions. To note: his appetite has not changed, as food is his favorite activity still. Speaking of activity, his levels are normal, you know, nuts for a baby conure! Looking forward to your opinions and any suggestions. I attached a photo of each side of his beak. If you note, the first photo shows the orange-y edge but there is more dark beak below that. The second his him devouring a yellow bell pepper. The last shows very clearly. Thank you!

Attachments

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The beak looks pretty normal to me. They are always growing and occasionally they'll chip or flake off a small piece. Just keep offering good, nutritious foods like you're doing and offer a variety of safe chewing materials to explore. :)

Sometimes they'll rub their beaks on rough things like flagstone perches or other beak buffers, and that will help smooth the rough edges.