• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green cheek and budgies?

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
This might be a dumb question but... here we go...

I have been helping an elderly man care and socialize his budgies, and I just got a shy GCC who I've been socializing. She's a lot calmer and tamer than the budgies already, and I was wondering if I could take her with me next time as a kind of "role model" for the budgies. It would be totally supervised and under control, I just really don't want anyone to get hurt.

Thanks!

Lesley Yeung

Real Name
Lesley
I would if the animals in question were dogs, that would be a great idea. Tried and true.

But, (probably a wasted of your time by answering) i don't know about birds.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Nice of you to do this for the person but I think taking in another bird would stress out the budgies even more. Also you have the health factor of needing to quarantine a bird that has been with other birds for 30 days before putting them together.

Featheredfuffs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Nice of you to do this for the person but I think taking in another bird would stress out the budgies even more. Also you have the health factor of needing to quarantine a bird that has been with other birds for 30 days before putting them together.

The two budgies have been alone for several months now... however I've only had my GCC for a week of two.

If I'm going to do it, I'm going to wait a few weeks more, then monitor the budgies progress. If they seem bold enough to handle another bird, then I'll try it for a few minutes:)

They're not particularly stressed out, they just don't really enjoy human contact and don't like people touching or handling them (except a little with their owner, who makes a convenient perch).