• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great to see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethroatedluv

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kevin
We need long time bird owners---people who been there and done it !!! Need you input on how to deal. My birds are young. But i want to be ready with all the info.... Before "IT" hits. Thanks

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
could you clarify what you mean I have had birds for only nine years and things keep changing each bird is different and owner so what behavior do you want more information on :hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think Bluethroatedluv is speaking in general. That there is a Behavior Section so that those seeking advice can help with any upcomig questions. I have owned birds for over 30 yrs and I still learn new things everyday.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think Bluethroatedluv is speaking in general. That there is a Behavior Section so that those seeking advice can help with any upcomig questions.
Yes, and I think BTL was particularly interested in hormonal behavior and maturity onset, if memory serves.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Good idea. It will benefit all of us.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I recommend behavioral books such as:

Nikkia Moustaki’s Your Outta Control Bird (you don’t have to have a out of control bird to want to understand behavior and prevent behavioral problems)

Barbara Heidenreich’s Parrot Problem Solver (again you don’t have to have a problem to want to learn as much as you can so you can prevent one).

Understanding their wild behavior and how birds are in captivity, and everythign BEHAVIORAL, is VERY important! This is what I would recommend, and once you have behavior down you'll understand what you need to do to improve or change your environment to better suit your birds and how to have happy birds and prevent behavioral problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.