• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Great sites for finding an Avian Vet near You:)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Found this and thought you might be able to call the vet and see if he has any recommendations for your area.

Veterinary care

Category: Animals, Veterinary care Leave a Comment

We have outstanding veterinarians in Costa Rica. But note that anyone can call themselves a vet so you have to be careful that your vet is actually a vet and not just someone that has hung up a sign that has no license.

Our vet Juan Carlos with Pet Cafe I believe to be one of the best in the San Jose area. He cares so much for the animals and it shows, he’s not superficial at all. Juan Carlos has several clinics and rotates throughout the week. In one of his clinic’s, in Belen, they serve all types of coffee treats for the owners while the pet is in with the vet.
Today I went to see Juan Carlos for health certificates for 2 dogs going to Moscow, Russia for a fraction of what the cost would be in the US. While you get excellent care, the prices are excellent as well. Very reasonable!!!

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
but is there a place where we can also suggest which ones to not go to? I think it's just as helpful to know which ones are strongly not recommended, and why, so other parronts can make more informed decisions. :cantsee:
I've wondered about this too.

Max123

Moving in
Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum. There’s a lot of good info here! So glad I found it.

My lovebird Max is about 4 and a half years old and he’s on meds for the first time for an ear infection.

I’ve had a hell of a time trying to find a good avian vet here in Toronto. Who has recommended these avian vets on this list?

Thanks

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Bump

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Hope its ok to add to this list as I didn't see it on the other one. This is the vet I take my fids to:

Maryland

Chadwell Animal Hospital
3004 Emmorton Road
Abingdon, MD 21009

443-512-8338

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Farlie and I live in central Arkansas. The Mountain Home vet on that list is about 3 hours away and the email addy doesn't exsist. I noticed one vet in this area but he only clips wings, trims beaks and nails. Does anyone know of any other vets in the central Arkansas area?
:thanks:

Last edited:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Farlie and I live in central Arkansas. The Mountain Home vet on that list is about 3 hours away and the email addy doesn't exsist. I noticed one vet in this area but he only clips wings, trims beaks and nails. Does anyone know of any other vets in the central Arkansas area?
:thanks:

OK, thanks. Found one about 10 miles away.