• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great Minds Lecture, Texas, Feb. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I wanted to share with everyone that the Great Minds Lecture, presented by ORCA at the University of North Texas will be on February 6, 2010. I went last year and was blown away. It was SO great to see more multi species animal trainers and not just dog trainers. Speakers include Bob Bailey (high skilled and amazing multi species animal trainer who ran the chicken training camps for so many years, Kay Laurence (super fabulous dog trainer out of England), Steve Martin (multi species animal trainer who does a LOT of bird work), Alexandra Kurland (horse clicker trainer who is awesome and gave me lots to chew on and things to do with other species. One of her ideas is to change the fear trigger into a cue to do something else.....very cool), Ken Ramirez (awesome, multi species animal trainer known mostly probably for his marine mammal work. He taught the beluga whales to blow air rings on cue! Very cool).

Anyway, I went last year and it was awesome so I registered right away. If anyone goes, let me know, it would be cool to meet!

ORCA: Organization for Reinforcement Contingencies with Animals

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing I wish I could go

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Just bumping this up for others to read and go to if possible!
Thanks for the information!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.