• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great gadget

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
I bought one of these for Farlie and he loves it.
Birdie Tent
I washed it along with everything else that comes in now and the cardboard bottom collapsed and it now hangs as a 'U' shaped thing rather than a triangle now. Nevertheless he loves to lay in it with one eye sticking out watching me. LOLOL

Last edited:

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I bought one of these for Farlie and he loves it.
Birdie Tent
I washed it along with everything else that comes in now and the cardboard bottom collapsed and it now hangs as a 'U' shaped thing instead of a triangle. Nevertheless he loves to lay in it with one eye sticking out watching me. LOLOL
I’d be careful with these, even if it’s bending out of its bad form, just make sure he’s not getting his nail stuck or anything.

BirdWorld

Yes, I'd also be very worried about a nail getting caught or the bird eating some of the material. I also wouldn't give it to a female bird for the risk of unwanted nesting behaviors.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Yes, I'd also be very worried about a nail getting caught or the bird eating some of the material. I also wouldn't give it to a female bird for the risk of unwanted nesting behaviors.
That is a possibility. Farlie loves to lay in it and rub on it. A female could get attached for sure.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I know other people have already said it but please be careful

A. They tend to envelop the whole birds body ehich can make them hormonal, they also can act as nesting spots. Also can cause cage aggression if they get too attached to it.

B. Parrot tents have caused more deaths and injuries than any other bird product

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Our green cheeks had Happy Huts/Snuggle Huts and we always checked for signs of wear. They loved them. Harley used to hold onto the bard beside hers and recline against the side instead o_O but whatever. lol

I bought one the same one you have for our 'too girls and they won't go near the evil thing! Your Farlie is far braver than a pair of goffins. :rolleyes:

Pokor3

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
MaryAnne Pokorny
I’ve used them for years for different sized birds. Where the cardboard “floor” was slide a piece from a milk carton or plastic in if want it rigid stitch it shut

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Our green cheeks had Happy Huts/Snuggle Huts and we always checked for signs of wear. They loved them. Harley used to hold onto the bard beside hers and recline against the side instead o_O but whatever. lol

I bought one the same one you have for our 'too girls and they won't go near the evil thing! Your Farlie is far braver than a pair of goffins. :rolleyes:
Ever try hand washing before you introduce it to your babies? It does two things. One is to clean off any whatevers and second it gives the item a familiar sent. Something they are used to. It's what I do.
Just a thot.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Kind of not and tent but kind of a tent??? I have one for each of Team Green. Notice there is no bottom just a perch so the "by-products" fall to the cage floor. You still need to watch for them chewing in it. Cheddar loves his while BB isn't to sure. Here's one hanging on the play stand that Vivian gave us.

Play Stand.jpg

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
@Ember-tail. Farlie would completely destroy one of those within a week and is why I didn't buy one, Ember. I buy that kind of thing as a climbing mat and Farlie just loves to destroy it!
@Mark & Da Boyz I'm still going to buy one of those for Farlie as his sleeping bed. I just bought him a new home yesterday. Farlie's New Home Should be here next Friday or so.
Thanks, all,

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
@Ember-tail. Farlie would completely destroy one of those within a week and is why I didn't buy one, Ember. I buy that kind of thing as a climbing mat and Farlie just loves to destroy it!
Its been up in my bird's cage for over a month now and she has been chewing on it everyday yet it still stands. I guess the climbing matt version of it is better for a nippy bird, but the straw hut wouldn't be able to injure or kill a bird which is why I find it to be a better alternative.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I let him supervise while I put it all together and I locked him in a few times too. He seems very happy with it. I'm very glad all went so well. Bedtime in 15 more minutes so we'll see how that goes. ;)