• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Graphic" Crystal - remember Molly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Remember this is how she looked 3 weeks ago? I will be taking more pics tomorrow when we change the skin patch, but there IS some sking regeneration and pinning. She is now eating and playing. She is not liking the collar, but is tolerating it well. Haven't had to replace it yet.

**see Molly's pic here

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Last edited by a moderator:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Oh my gosh, poor baby :(
its so sad to see them doing this to themself :(

What happened to her, whats her story?
I hope she does well :hug8:

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
She is a rescue from a hoarder in So. Florida. There are lots more, but she was in the worse shape. And the lady is charging for the birds. She had been on a sunflower seed diet and no toys to play with. It's a horrible situation down there, but animal control said as long as they have food and water they will not get involved.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
It's a horrible situation down there, but animal control said as long as they have food and water they will not get involved.
What!!! :mad:
i just don't have words!
my heart goes out to all those poor birds, wish there was something someone could do :(

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! I cant believe animal control wouldnt get involved when there is an obvious need for veterinary attention :eek:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This poor girl has really come from a horrible situation. As bad as she has mutilated herself she remains in a very pleasant mood. She is funny, happy and playful. Hopefully now under Cindy's care she will continue to flourish and completely heal. She is already growing new feathers.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
This poor girl has really come from a horrible situation. As bad as she has mutilated herself she remains in a very pleasant mood. She is funny, happy and playful. Hopefully now under Cindy's care she will continue to flourish and completely heal. She is already growing new feathers.
I'm so glad for her, at last she's found love that she deserves :)
Bless cindy for taking care of this lil angel :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:omg: that is terrible!!! Glad to hear she is doing better.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
I'm so glad she is with you.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: that poor dear wee thing...I am so glad you have her now..dear god in heaven that is just disgusting.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
I AM ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS.

It is stupid crap such as this, that really make me not like a lot of people.

The ones that blow me away are the people who think that no one else can care for them as much or better than them. I believe that their families should see this as a sign of being mental unbalanced.

Sorry! I am glad she is with you and she is getting the care she deserves.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OMGoodness, that is terrible. I am so relieved she's in better hands now.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
:rant:
food and water is enough???!!!???
omg...how can ANYONE look at her and say she is ok as long as she has food and water. she is so upset, she is literally taking herself apart.
why the heck do dogs and cats get so much protection and response from people? dogs and cats are relatively easy when compared to a companion parrot. they need so much more, but as long as it has food and water...:sad11:...and she is charging for them...
ive not seen this story till now...ive never seen a pic of mutilation like that before...:sad4:
will keep this sweet bird in my thoughts, and thank you a million times for taking her on:thankyou:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
OMG, I am sooo glad you have her. Poor thing, may she continue to thrive under your care....yes, it is sad, but true, Animal control, Humane society. Ive dealt with them all, if theres food and water, then well, I guess in theyre eyes,,,, thats good enough.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:omg: that is so horrible that animal control will not get involved. What is wrong with them. I am so glad that she is in your care now

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Thanks everyone!! Just got back from the clinic with her. She got a new skin patch put on today. Dummy me took off out of here without my camera and thought about it half way to work. Decided just to use the camera there and send the pics to my email. Of course the battery in that camera is dead. None of us think to put the battery on the charger every few days. There is defintly new skin growing. Its going to be a long, long drawn out process with several skin patches needing to be used. She is also pinning great!! She's actually going to have some feathers on her bald little body.

After I got her back in the car, I checked my cell phone. There was a voice message, but before I could listen to it the phone rang again. It was from one of the dog and cat rescues down here. A mama dog was hit and killed last night and left behind 9 babies. So now I also have 3 two week old pups. It's never ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.