• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grandma's 18 year old, neglected cockatiel

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
In my experience it's pretty normal for female tiels to his at you if you reach into their cage. Idk if it's a residual nesty thing or what but my girls do it even when they want to come out. :facepalm:

Btw I know I'm really late seeing this but her beak looks normal to me.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
In my experience it's pretty normal for female tiels to his at you if you reach into their cage. Idk if it's a residual nesty thing or what but my girls do it even when they want to come out. :facepalm:

Btw I know I'm really late seeing this but her beak looks normal to me.
Yeah her beak looks ok, it's just always coated in food and I've still not had any luck with bath time. I might show her the sink with water running a little and see what she thinks. Maybe she'll stick her head in, if that's the case I might buy her a little cat fountain.
She also likes steamed acorn squash with cinnamona and ground ginger mixed with her pellets and water to make a little squash pellet soup. She still prefers wet food to dry food which is good because she doesn't drink a lot of water on her own so getting more in her food is good