• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gracie Update

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
First sorry I have been coming and going. I am still working in the high school warehouse lol. More drama than a day time soap opera it's just crazy.

My littles are doing pretty well for being a bunch of old biddy birds. Gracie is adjusting to not being able to see very well. The other cataract started coming in about 3 months ago and has made things interesting. She still tries to make small flights to come to me but for the most part we have become excellent bird catchers of her mid flight. If she lands on something she wasn't intending to land on she waits for us to come to her rescue patiently and gives us happy chirps when she is picked up and cuddled. She even gives the evil hubby happy chirps but no cuddles lol. She is of the mind set "I will allow you to help me but don't touch me" It's a small win but we will both take it.

Bo is doing great. He is finally getting some good weight on him and surprise he stopped plucking his chest feathers :yes4:. I probably just jinxed myself but I had to share the awesome news with you all. I am so proud of my little dude. He still won't let me stay and play with him for a long time or I get the hiss from him or the evil look. I'll take what I can get from him :).

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your birds sound delightful.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad things are going well. :)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Everything sounds on the right track! Many congrats!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yayyyyyy!!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge