• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gracie baby

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:sadhug2:
I'm devastated for you Rhiana, she was such a special little lovebird and friend. :sad1: I'm glad she was able to pass with you holding her, I'm sure it was very comforting to her however painful it must be for you. I know you feel the same way, but I am so sorry.

You have 18 years of wonderful memories and Gracie had a long and happy life with you. It's still too soon, always too soon, but especially with a seizure history you gave her her best life to thrive as long as she had.
It's so obvious in the stories you've shared here she is still in your heart and always will be.

Wings high Gracie. I am so sorry for your loss.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Thank you @Ankou you know how they wiggle their way into our hearts and use it for a perch. I'm just glad I made it in time for her. The seizure came fast and hard on her my poor baby.

It's been so quiet and Bo has been calling out for her off and on all day. I feel horrible for him because she isn't answering him. We are going to move him to the other room with us later this week so he will have us to chatter with all day. My husband is worried with him being easily stressed it might make him get all naked again. I'm hoping for the best.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. It's been a rough day and the quiet is just heart wrenching.

@Eloy I will have to try that. It's going to be so hard when I get up for work missing her waiting for me to sit so she could come and get her cuddles. Then she would try and go after my coffee the crazy little bird.

@Tiel Feathers we have been talking about her and all the funny things she did. One night when I was at work Keith had called me for some reason and she was yelling at him. She always knew when I was on the phone. He told her to be quiet. She screamed so loud at him I died laughing. He told me she worked up to it because she got all fluffy and let him have it. She would do that kinda thing to him all the time.
God, that is just quintessential Lovebird hen right there. :coffeescreen: There have been times I wonder who could out-sass who; Gracie, or Sherbie? Sherbie keeps everyone in line, but Gracie had many more years to perfect and hone her craft. :heart:

Sherbie was sassing us so bad the other night for talking and keeping her up 1 minute past her bed time.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so sorry

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Losing the little feathered love of your life hurts as much as losing a beloved family member. So many people don't understand that losing a feathered friend hurts as much as losing family. I am sad for your loss but you will always have good memories of her which couldn't be replaced by anyone. She's waiting for you over Rainbow Bridge and the two of you will play again together.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie would yell at Keith for keeping her up late all the time. She was not a late night bird and was seriously not a morning bird lol. Talk about bird growls in the morning for making too much noise. Shew was such a huge part of our lives and she left such a huge void we don't know what we are going to do. We have plans to do some cage moving and stuff this week and move Bo into her place so he will have us to keep him busy during the day. I know he is missing her for all the cage protection he put up. He has been calling for her and no one is answering and I know he is trying to make sense of it all.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:sorrow:I am so sorry for your loss.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I am so sorry for your loss ,there are really no words

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I love what you so far write about her. And if you want to write more I will happily read it. :)
I wish their was more I could do to take part of that pain away.
But I know one thing. Gracie wouldn't want you to be sad, and in heart and soul she will always be with you.
:bighug:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Thank you @Eloy it means a lot to me :) A few of my husbands co-workers are in shock about her passing and feel they should be giving us bereavement leave. I wish they would but I know that's a fat chance.

I am going to try and take her cage down tomorrow and work on getting Bo moved into the other room but I will have to see how I am feeling. The lady at the repair shop told me I should go get another bird. Keith is firmly against it but I am hoping maybe he might break down. I have a feeling its going o be a snowballs chance in hel though.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Thank you @Eloy it means a lot to me :) A few of my husbands co-workers are in shock about her passing and feel they should be giving us bereavement leave. I wish they would but I know that's a fat chance.

I am going to try and take her cage down tomorrow and work on getting Bo moved into the other room but I will have to see how I am feeling. The lady at the repair shop told me I should go get another bird. Keith is firmly against it but I am hoping maybe he might break down. I have a feeling its going o be a snowballs chance in hel though.
Never say never! Maybe there's a sweet little featherbutt nearby who needs a place to call home.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
The move is complete. I cried so hard for about an hour while I took her toys out. I'm keeping her food dishes and her two favorite toys. Scrubbed everything down and moved Bo into the other room. I'm hoping he won't be totally naked when I get up for work tonight.

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry again. Hang in there. Beautiful photo of you and Gracie, btw. Bo is cute even though he is plucking.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The lady at the repair shop told me I should go get another bird. Keith is firmly against it but I am hoping maybe he might break down.
I'm glad you mentioned this and we are all so different.
When Eloy died all was telling me to wait to get a new bird and not doing it when I felt so bad.
But I am a person that must follow my heart and not my brain. And all I could hear was Akela screaming for Eloy and that did brake my heart twice.
Knowing that if I didn't do something now I needed to wait a whole year for next chance to get a Maxi home as they are rare here.
So with tears running I probably did the most difficult journey in my life. But I made it. And I got Eliy home.
And once she was here I realize that I did get her home for my sake. I needed her as much as she needed me.

Their is no right or wrong. If you follow your heart you will know what to do. :)
That's what I keep thinking. I was going to sabotage him and take him to the bird store on his birthday...
I really think you should do that. You will both know if it's right or wrong for you.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I didn't want another bird when Nerd died, but I was unhappy and the house was too quiet. My family had other ideas and found me Lurch because they were sad for me and missed Nerd too. He certainly wasn't Nerd as he was scared to death and very quick to bite with no warning, but yes, we needed each other. Over 5 slow years he finally decided I was worth his trust and we reached a understanding and became friends. He would fly after me if I left the room and loved scritches and hanging out. When he accidentally escaped Momazon knew what I went through with Lurch and offered me Dobby as she figured I'd be a good dad and she couldn't keep him anymore. I thought about it for two seconds and said yes. He has chosen my sister but is the most outgoing, socialized Maxi I have ever known. If I said I don't want another bird neither of these wonderful souls would have been in my life to be happy and make me happy. If and when your ready another bird will enter your life. It wont be Gracie, it will be it's own soul with it's own quirks, wants, and needs. It wont replace her, it will just be a new member of your family and you'll work things out together and find a routine that works.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@Dartman Thank you for your words they mean a lot to me. I know our next fid won't replace her as she was a very special parrot all unto herself and unique in the ways of her love for me and mine for her. Keith always tells me when I have such a look of love he never sees any other time except when I am looking at her. She was my soul bird and I know there will never be a replacement for her but there will be other fids in my life.

@Eloy I am hoping if things work out Bo will start coming around and maybe want to spend some time with me. Right now he will sit by my for a little bit then go to the other side of the cage and play with his toys. He is being a bit more vocal from what I was hearing today when I was getting up for work. We shall see how the next few weeks go with him.

@iamwhoiam it is one of the first times she really knocked out an fell asleep on me. About a minute after she gave me a kiss she tucked and went to sleep on me for about 30 minutes. Usually she would only power nap for 5 minutes on me and take off but as she got older I was the preferred sleeping spot for her.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so very, very sorry...she was another of our elderly babies...:sadhug2: