• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gotta Gloat for a moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
As some of you may know the fosters i took in came in with some feather's ... missing, especially Spicoli he was almost naked. Well i decided i must add harrisons to his diet! (i feed it anyhow) Mostly after reading all of their literature i thought can't hurt right? (plus they were and may still be on Kaytee exact) Anywho, i've been mixing a smidge in with their normal pellets, every day for the past week Spicoli leaves all or at least most of the Kaytee and no harrisons - then i even started catching him crawling into everyone elses cage to eat their Harrisons - well yesterday their "father" came to visit and took them for the day while my DH and i were at work. when he came back to drop them off, he says " it was the darndest thing every time i opened the tub for them to have some pellets Spicoli would only eat the harrisons! he dug through it to find it even!" So at first a felt bad cause he said i could feed it but didn't give me the authority to convert, so i apologized a lot, he then says " no you're amazing now if you can get alex converted i will be even more indebted to you!"

So 1 super easy unintentional conversion down and 1 very very picky eater to go (pretty much will eat anything if its on MY plate but i'm not into this game i like my food birdie foot free lol)....

Oh and as of this morning We tried giving spicoli ALL harrisons (with a tiny tiny amount of kaytee) with his freshies to see if he will still leave them and eat all teh harrions -we are also playing with what size he likes most

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
That is great!

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
That is awesome - and they will be so much better off for having a diet that isn't all seeds. You ROCK! :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Whew, I thought you were going to get yelled at. :D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
That must have really given you a kick. Know it would me, congratulations, nice when things turn out good.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Awesome!!! Gloating is necessary in this situation! :)

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
lol thanks everyone - i thought he was going to be so mad - i got lucky! now its getting them to eat more of their freshies too then i have really won something - they should only be with us for another month though so we'll see what else we can get accomplished together in that time

Status
Not open for further replies.